Thread: How to open multiple windows in MS Office Pro 2007

How to open multiple windows in MS Office Pro 2007

Last week I upgraded my Office to Office 2007 Professional. Everything is working fine but I have a small problem with PowerPoint. I guess I was able to run more than Powerpoint presentation at the same time until I was using Office 2003 but when I’m trying to do the same thing on Powerpoint 2007 it always opens both presentations in the same copy of power point - one behind the other. I want it to open the second presentation in another window, side by side. Is that possible here? Please help.

Re: How to open multiple windows in MS Office Pro 2007

Yes, it is possible in Office 2007. Here are the settings you need to go through:

First open PowerPoint, click Office logo, then click PowerPoint Options. In the Advanced tab, under Display, click to enable "Show all windows in the taskbar."

Once done, second way is to launch one PowerPoint and then go back to the start menu and open second PowerPoint. It works.

Thanks for your help T.J. I have already set it to "Show all windows in the taskbar" Still it is not working for me. After opening two PP I can see both of them in the taskbar but when I click any of them, it opens the same window.

Any other help please?

Disable the option Herb pointed out ("Show all windows in the taskbar"). Then switch to the View tab and look at the Windows group there. Select Arrange All and both presentations will be shown side-by-side, unfortunately though only inside the PPT window.

Thanks so much for your help. I was getting pretty frustrated until I found this solution for multiple window views in the forum.

I wanted to merge two presentations together so was able to copy paste from one to the other and then move (and delete) slides as needed to make a coherent presentation. I'm so grateful for your online assistance! As someone who had worked with Office starting before it had numbers, it was frustrating to not be able to solve this one on my own, but now I know!

No checked if this has been updated in 2010, but for 2007 I use ultramon at home and in the office I set view to side by side/cascade, then drag powerpoint accross two screens.

Thanks. Wish I had two monitors, but I don't!