Thread: Send an email FROM word home & office, USING windows live mail

Send an email FROM word home & office, USING windows live mail

I am using Windows 7. I am new to this OS. I work more on my desktop that has Windows XP on it. I need some help here to send emails directly from Word. I am having a Windows Live account with me. I trying to send a mail but I am getting error which is related to some Microsoft Exchange. The error says that I have to log on to exchange before adding the mail. I am not having any exchange account here. I am using it on my laptop.

Re: Send an email FROM word home & office, USING windows live mail

You will need to configure the account in your outlook and then it is going to work well. Launch Outlook and then configure your email id there. You can use Hotmail connector to configure your account on outlook and then check back. Once it is properly done you will be able to send emails properly through Word or any other Office application.

I got the issue before. It was related to account configuration. It is correction mentioned above that you have to first configure your mail account in outlook. And if you had done that then the problem lies with Exchange configuration. Somehow your email id users exchange server. You have to get appropriate login details for that and then only it is going to work.

I want to share something here related to the error. I got the same kind of problem. But that was due to improper connectivity. The problem only appear when my internet connection fails while things are working fine before. I checked out in cmd by running a ping command and found that net breaks a lot in between. But as it was fixed the problem was also gone. So just for test checkout whether your internet connection is active or not.

What version of office you are having. To get rid of that error there are different settings. But still I can offer some common steps that would help. Go in Outlook and delete any existing account. In the Start Menu type Mail. You can see a small window on your screen. In that click on the first tab Email Accounts. Add accounts in that and then check again. It will test the account and then check back. This will fix the issue.

When Word 07 first came out, there was no link to Outlook Express. At the same time Excel 07 linked up just fine. After about six months or more MS finally fixed the Word-Outlook link. Apparently, they are doing it again with Windows Live email. My suggestion is that you wait a few months. My bet is that they will fix it just like they did before. In the meantime do your best to work around it by any simple means that works for you. I agree with your comments regarding this ******* who really is more trouble than he is worth and, certainly, not helpful. Calm down and just know most of us really want to help because we are basically all in the same boat....

I concur with those before me. For now, it just doesn't work right. MS might have told people it was a MAPI problem, but it seems absolutely false, if, after trying the link 3 times - it actually does work! Sounds more like lazy programming, or..... in the production phase somebody said.. "Take that out, we want people to buy the FULL version so they can all use our wonderful Outlook Product." So, instead, the programmer (whom we should probably be thanking for leaving us a work-around instead of trying to wring his neck), left that little 3-times-a-charm work-around behind.. so his boss could say it "doesn't work" but it still kinda does.

Decisions like this are what brings Microsoft's integrity and credibility to a screeching halt. I used to use MS products happily. Now I begrudgingly find as many open source solutions as possible so I can rid myself of their antiquated thinking. As soon as MS "fixes" this... I hope we'll all get the message - by using Open Office Write, via Thunderbird. ;-)

I am not here to bash MS, or anyone's tech knowledge. However, I WOULD like an answer as to why clicking SEND TO 3 times works perfectly fine. As stated before, this is supposedly a MAPI problem, however - if you can simply click it 3 times, the MAPI functions obviously work. Or they were written so poorly, it's simply a tragedy. I, like many others, have grown terribly disenchanted with MS for it's lack of correcting problems they cause and not owning up to issues which others have to provide "solutions" for.

Can someone at MS PLEASE simply come up with a simple patch to allow Windows Live Mail (YOUR PROGRAM - which you force every Windows 7 person to install/use - unless you truly WANT them to run for free/open source content) work with the SEND TO function within WORD? It DOES work, after clicking 3 times... THIS IS NOT a missing MAPI issue. So let's cut the crap. Or, should we all be thanking a very forward thinking programmer who likely was told that such a "feature" was not going to be included in the Home &
    Student edition because they want everyone to buy an Office version with Outlook? Shame on that marketing genius! Whatever programmer had the balls to leave a magical 3 times clicking work-around should be commended... and unfortunately, has probably lost his job over leaving in a feature so helpful to the rest of the world.

I don't want a reply from MS, I'm saddened that so may MS MVPs simply overlook this and then blow smoke around about it instead of simply going back to the project design team and saying - "Look guys - we made a BIG mistake here - let's fix it, quickly, and cover ourselves." It's this kind of oversight which CAUSES blunders like Windows ME, and
    Windows Vista to hit the shelves... and tarnishing the once reputable Microsoft name. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE write a simple patch for this and help the millions of people who really WOULD continue to BUY MS products instead of migrating to a MAC, Google Apps, or any Open Source/Free solution! PS... maybe they HAVE fixed this by now? If so... PLEASE let me know!

Gordon you are right. Forgive me. Nobody forces Windows Live Mail on us - and thank goodness. What I was getting at, which I'm sure you know, is that MS provides a KB article on how to get 3rd party solutions like Thunderbird to work with the SEND TO feature - but they don't ever say, claim, or even recognize the fact that they left their own pre-installed provided email client with a gaping hole of utility using the new Word. This frustrates MILLIONS of users, and such omissions and oversights cause considerable harm to both their user base, and anyone trying to learn about computers for the first time. Thank goodness for techs like you who can point to work-around solutions.

What kills me though, is how simply clicking the SEND TO option 3 times DOES work!!!!! I mean, seriously! You can't tell me it's a MAPI issue - this smacks of a design restriction. Unless MAPI connections have to click their heels 3 times to work? It sounds to me, more like somebody just left the "workaround" available - because somebody actually knew what restricting this feature means. Can ANYONE explain technically why hitting SEND TO 3 times finally works? And it works for the duration until we close Word. Once we close Word, we have to hit SEND TO 3 times again - and then it works until we close. If anyone at MS actually reads this - and I hope they do - I help thousands of retirees learn how to use computers. For some, this is the absolute FIRST time they even touch a computer. And, they assume that people with technical knowledge build things that actually work. When you buy a brand new PC computer, you get Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Then, the nice sales people talk them into buying MS Office. They get the Home & Student Edition. Now, everyone who uses the "basic" programs, gets used to supporting the supplied programs (Like Outlook Express used to be) and for them, WLM is just like that.
    Now, enter MS who limits correct connection to their OWN program. It would have been better if the error message actually said "We're sorry, Word SEND TO features only work with Outlook - so please buy that, or use another company's product because we're too short-sighted to have seen this as an issue." Instead, I have to force them to use another email program - Thunderbird - (which, I do agree, is actually better in many ways than WLM), but they are left disheartened and frustrated.

Some of them have actually used Wordperfect, which - to their credit - has always worked with ANY mail clients. Even their most recent version works Perfectly with WLM without ANY patching at all! So, when users migrate from VISTA using Word Perfect... to Windows 7 (their WordPerfect doesn't work in Windows 7), they buy Word.. and a super frustrating technical issue to overcome from the get-go.

I can't count the number of times people immediately want to switch to a MAC. Not that I care, I support that too. But it pains me to see Microsoft completely ignore a glaring issue with their own software - and a feature people who are NOT tech savvy have grown to know and trust... now, get a mysterious work-around.

FYI: I am using Office 2007 and have Outlook installed along with Word (2007), but prefer using Windows Live Mail for email, not Outlook. I am running Windows 7 Pro. Anyway, I experience the same issues trying to send email from an open Word document using my default email handler, Windows Live Mail. Can't find a perfect solution, but thanks for pointing out the 3rd try workaround...it works!!! And I can live with it as a temporary solution until Microsoft delivers a real fix.