Thread: Uninstall Mendeley completely

Uninstall Mendeley completely

Dear Folks,

I have accidentally installed Mendeley, which turned out to be a big mistake. I uninstalled it several times after closing all other programs, but now it still appears as "Add-Ins" in office 2007 (including word, excel, etc). It also interferes with Endnote x2. This is a huge problem for me now and please help.

-CW

If you're looking to remove the Mendeley Word plugin, we do advise that you do this via Mendeley Desktop by going to Tools > Uninstall MS Word Plugin. If you have however since removed Mendeley Desktop, you can remove this plugin by hand.

First of all you'll want to locate where Word is storing this plugin on your machine.

On MS Word 2007:

* Open up Word and click on the main menu in the top left, and then select "Word Options" towards the bottom of this menu.
    * From here select "Add-Ins" on the left, and locate the "Mendeley-0.0.0.dot" entry. The 0.0.0 number will reflect the respective version you have installed. Next to it you will see the directory in which it is located.

Now, open up a Windows Exporer window and navigate to the aforementioned folder. Ensuring that Word is closed completely, you can now delete the Mendeley .dot file.

Upon reopening Word, you'll find the plugin is no longer loaded.

That is really annoying. I had also accidentally installed Mendeley Word Plugin on my system. But to remove that is a real waste of time. For that you have to click on Tools > Uninstall Ms Word Plugin. Later on you have to wipe out other files manually. You can also try to run system restore. This will remove that. There must be a uninstaller available for that. Does anyone has more simple idea of removing Mendeley from Office.

Re: Uninstall Mendeley completely

I have been working for Mendeley for my thesis, for just about a week now. The initial couple of days it worked fine with Google Scholar, properly importing all the marked refences into the Mendeley desktop library.

But recently it does not work... i get the message

Sorry - import failed!

This really sucks.
    As far as i cant tell i have installed it correctly.
    It still works fine with Pub Med and cite u like, but not with Google Scholar.

What to do

You can find the uninstaller in Start Menu. Just go in All Program and look for Mendeley Desktop. In that you can find Uninstall option. Click on that and you can get rid of the same. It is easier. But the process above mentioned is necessary for word plugin. You will also have to get rid of pending files left in AppDATA.

i have the same problem, however my ver. of MS Office is 2003
    How can i delete mendeley completely
    Last edited by tinson139; 22-01-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: it is the office ver not MS