Thread: Office 2007 Enterprise keeps configuring

Office 2007 Enterprise keeps configuring

I need some help to install Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007. Whenever I run the setup I am getting a configuring message. It appears everytime when I launch office. I had installed this before and at that time there was no issue with same. But now it is not working well. How can I stop that message. Does anything is missing in my office disc due to which this error message keeps on appearing on the screen.

Try to remove it first and then perform a fresh setup. It is necessary to ensure that you are performing the installation under admin mode only. Because if the same in done under limited user, you will keep getting that message. It appear when something is pending for installation. Like the clipart, or any other internal component. And when you exist it is not completed.

It can be a registry fault also. You must remove the old office first. It is correct that you must re-install but you must first get rid of any pending updates in your system and then run a clean setup. It will fix ample of stuff. Windows Update can help you in this case.

Re: Office 2007 Enterprise keeps configuring

You go to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/290301/ and when I did what they suggested it worked fine. I rebooted several times and no problem arose any longer. Check.

This is how I did it..this really works
    backup registry first..just incase

open : Regedit

go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.pip

scroll right down to find .pip it may be in red

change the permissions on it by assigning new owner controls and changing permission to full control (may even allow to delete..no matter just start excel or whatever..will a create new .pip

that's it