Thread: BCM Office Addin...office application version does not match

BCM Office Addin...office application version does not match

This Sunday I bought a new MS Office 2007 Home and Student edition and installed it on my HP laptop. Installation went fine without any problem. But when I try opening any office app (word, excel, powerpoint or even outlook) it wont opens, instead gives me the following error message:

“BCM Office Addin...office application version does not match”

Any suggestions for the same?

I have two questions for you before I can provide you any help. First, as far as I know there is no Outlook in Home and Student edition. So from where did you got Outlook? Probably this could be the reason for issue.

Second, did you had any trial Office installed on your system earlier. You must have uninstalled it completely from the system before installing this purchased one.

There was a copy of the Microsoft suite semi-installed on the computer. This is a new machine. I uninstalled the Microsoft suite on the computer. I installed the version of the software that the client has paid for which is Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. The installalation when well. When I click on any of the Microsoft components I receive the following message: "BAC Office Add-on Office Aplication does not match."

What have I done wrong and how can I clean this up?

Thank you for replying Bob! Yesterday I realized that the BCM was sitting there with nothing to manage so I took a deep breath and deleted it. All is well!

Re: BCM Office Addin...office application version does not match

I haven't played with that mix but you are going to need to remove the BAC Office Addin as there isn't any supporting software on the PC. You would need Outlook and you don't have it.