Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Combine 2 Pivot Tables into 1 Master Workbook?

MS Office Support

Old 07-11-2008

Combine 2 Pivot Tables into 1 Master Workbook?

I have 2 Excel Workbooks with a master pivot table. The Pivots use a drop down list that I have created on a seperate sheet. Its set up this way so that 2 different managers can work on their own sheets without overwriting the other. This part works great and now what I want to do is that to have both of these seperate workbooks feed into a Master Worksheet for the Sr Exec. The Master Workbook will pull its data from the 2 Mgr workbooks. I have tried opening up a blank Workbook and using the Pivot Table Wizard but its not recognizing the files. How can I do this? Thanks.

Old 04-02-2013

Re: Combine 2 Pivot Tables into 1 Master Workbook?

Before trying anything keep a backup with you. It is better if you stay on the safer side. Because if there is any issue with the file your data is not lost. It looks a bit complicated to me. It does not look that after combining you might get the results as you are expecting. You have to begin with merging the tables. That would be helpful.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support