Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Excel loses "Automatic calculation" option

MS Office Support

Old 18-10-2008

Excel loses "Automatic calculation" option

Normally if I am opening any Excel file and enter some data then I notice that the option to recalculate all formulas automatically clears out. Where I am going actually is Excel Options >> Formulas >> Calculation Options >> Workbook Calculation >> Automatic. I am using windows xp with service pack 3 and having Excel 2007 with SP1 MSO. Any ideas?

Old 19-10-2008

Excel recalculation settings are not stored as application level settings but are stored in workbooks and this setting is taken from the First workbook it opens. I guess that you are not using a Personal.xls file, so the first file you open might be varying from Excel session to Excel session. If you open this particular workbook first, then Excel takes its recalculation setting from this workbook and it was saved with recalculation set to manual.
Old 09-12-2008

Re: Excel loses "Automatic calculation" option

Here's the Microsoft page that explains how Excel operates with respect to Manual and Automatic Calculation. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214395

Hope this helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support