Thread: "Not enough memory to run Microsoft Office..."

"Not enough memory to run Microsoft Office..."

If I am trying to launch any Office program like Word or Excel, then I am getting an error message that says "Not enough memory to run..". I am having 1.5gb available, as seen in the Task Manager and System Properties, and 8gb of disk space available on my C: drive. This just started in the last few days and doesnt correspond with any event that I know about. I did all the updates, ran antivirus and many such things. I have Windows XP installed on my machine and just finished reinstalling Office 2007 and am getting the same problem. Please help.

Did you check in the task manager properly to see what else is running because the most likely problem is something running in the background. It is also possible that 8gb of hard drive free space couldnt be enough, depending upong such things as the size of the swap file. It could be also possible that there might be some stuff on the HD that needs to be deleted.

Re: "Not enough memory to run Microsoft Office..."

You can solve the problems by uninstalling the Microsoft Ofiice 2007. Then, make sure that you uninstall other Office products too. Go to C: Drive, locate and delete also the Microsoft Office folder found in the Program files folder. Now install the Microsoft Office. Your problems will be solved. Email me scling@gmail.com to say hi.

Re: "Not enough memory to run Microsoft Office..."

Hi Peter,

I just being friendly. The solution works 4 me. Anyway i agree that u disagree with me. Peace to u, Peter.