Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How can we change the French interface to English in Office 2007?

MS Office Support

Old 21-09-2008

How can we change the French interface to English in Office 2007?

Accidentally I installed french interface of Microsoft Office 2007. I want to change that to English. I cannot understand anything. The menus and all controls are weird. I tried to do some changes but nothing worked out. I am not aware the process of changing language. I am sure there is English langauge available. But if not then what I should I do.

Old 21-09-2008

Re: How can we change the French interface to English in Office 2007?

If it is not available then you have to download a English language pack for the same. That works well. But if it is available then you can simply go in Start > Microsoft Office > Office Tools and from there click on Language. From there you can modify the language. You can set the same to English. That is the only way to change the interface. If that does not work then you can run the setup of Office once again and from the main window choose English.
Old 04-03-2009

Re: How can we change the French interface to English in Office 2007?

Ok, here is one successful work-around:

- you've got an Office 2007 version that is in the wrong language. You want all the menus to go to English (or something else), right? It's possible!
- uninstall your current version. It's useless.
- Download a TRIAL VERSION in the correct language. The English trial version is easy to find online, just google "Try Microsoft Office 2007". Hopefully you can find the language of your choice.
- Use the product key from your original purchased copy to unlock this trial version. I tried my Finnish product key with a US trial version... and it worked perfectly.
- you will get a working English version, and you didn't need to buy any new products :)

As I said, it worked for my Finnish product key. I hated those Finnish menus! I can only hope that this trick works for all language conversions, so good luck trying.

Best regards,
Lauri

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: ,