Thread: Live Meeting desktop sharing

Live Meeting desktop sharing

I am not able to find out some help on Office Live. I need some help to test desktop sharing. I am trying to create a test environment with my friends. Rightnow I am facing a problem with desktop sharing here. I want some process by which I can enable desktop sharing and modify the office files. I want to keep a virtual environment so that I can stay connected with my friend. I hope there will be some way for the same which would allow me to initiate this process.

Re: Live Meeting desktop sharing

There is a link available below that can help you to find out what you are trying to do. It has complete detail available on sharing a desktop in Live Meeting. It is not so complicated. But if you are facing any problem with sharing then the link does not provide more details. It is just the procedure to configure desktop sharing.

Live Meeting Desktop Sharing

Re: Live Meeting desktop sharing

Hi Juha,

I think the function of sharing desktop can be used in the situation when the presenter wants to do some demo and show the process to the attendees. If you just hope that the presenters and attendees both can see and modify the document such as PowerPoint, the presenter doesn’t need to share his/her desktop. The presenter can upload the document then all the attendees can see and modify the current page of the document by default. The uploading steps are as below:

1.Click “content””share””upload files”
    2.Choose the document you want to upload and click “open” and “continue”

After the document is uploaded successfully, the attendees can see current page of it and modify the current page. There are some advantages by doing this, you will get an progressive builds and animations happening for the attendees. If you run it use application sharing it still works, but the screen is redrawn for the viewer. We only update the changes that happen on screen and this would lead to a latency of screen refresh. What’s more, if you want the users to see nice colors, you would need to set application sharing to millions of colors and that sill increase the aount of data traffic and slow the screen refresh.

Note: If you want to give more permission to the attendees such as review current content or use content tools. You can configure the attendee permissions as below:

Attend the meeting as presenter and then click “Attendees”. There are four choices under the “Attendees”: “Invite”, “View”, “Find”, “Voice” and near “Voice” there is a tap looked like “<<”. Click it and choose “permissions” under it. Now you can see the “Attendee permissions” page.

Btw, If you have any further questions, you can post on the technet forum of livemeeting:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...y/livemeeting/
    Microsoft will provide technical support of Livemeeting from Jan, 2009, so I think you will get help from the engineers there~~~

Hope this will help you

Jennifer
    Last edited by Jennifer Zou; 18-12-2008 at 07:29 AM.