Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Word 2007 - Save as PDF - This file is in use by another application

MS Office Support

Old 07-09-2008

Word 2007 - Save as PDF - This file is in use by another application

I am using Microsoft Office 2007 on Windows Vista. I had downloaded a plugin to save the files directly to pdf through Office 2007. But when I do that I am getting a error on the screen. When I try to save the file in pdf I am getting a message that the file is being used by some other application. This is a bit weird. I am not able to understand why the error appear. I had tried to use the same on a new user account. I created a new file and tried to do wthe same. But still the issue is same. It looks word is not able to save the file.

Old 07-09-2008

re: Word 2007 - Save as PDF - This file is in use by another application

It looks the plugin is not installed properly. Due to which you are facing that error. You have to simply install that back and when you are saving the file ensure that any other application in the background is simply not using the same. Well if this kind of stuff happen I do not use word to create a pdf file. Better I use a different software for the process. It allows me a much easier way to create pdf files and it works well also.
Old 07-09-2008

Try to run a repair setup of Microsoft Office. That would help you more. If there is any problem with the addon you can run the setup and test back. The same would be working really well. The problem would be fixed just by reinstalling the addon once again and then check back. Running windows update would also help you more in dealing with the problem.
Old 22-12-2008

I too have exactly the same problem. I can however convert Word documents to pdf format using "CutePDF" but would like to have the Office 2007 add in to work as it should do.

Regards
Damidgaf
Old 11-01-2009

Hi, I think this could be a hindrance from the anti virus you use. Especially if you're using bit defender.
Stop the ani virus programme while doing the conversion and I think it will solve your issue.
Old 11-01-2009

Thanks nsanty!

The problem was resolved by telling my AV software (Kaspersky) to "trust" Word.

Regards
Damidgaf
Old 16-02-2009

Thanks for the soultion. This also happened when I upgraded to Kaspersky 2009 and re-installed Word 2007 + SaveSsPDFandXPS.exe plug-in
Old 04-01-2011

Thanks for the fix, although it wasn't my Kaspersky, it was MS Security Essentials that blocked the Save As .pdf process.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , ,