Thread: Microsoft Office 2007 Convertor failed to save file

Microsoft Office 2007 Convertor failed to save file

I had downloaded a Office convertor from web. It can convert a Office 2007 file to Office 2003. I am not having Office 2007 on my system but received some mails recently which has new files attached. When I tried to open them in the old edition it did nothing. I found this convertor by searching on Google and it looks that there is some bug with the same. The convertor is not able to save the files properly in 2003 format. Does any additional stuff is required for the same.

From where you got that convertor. There is no way that a Office 2007 file can be converted to 2003. Those are all fake tools. I had already wasted a long time in finding the solution for this. At the end I have to buy Office 2007. The one good thing Microsoft did is, you can simply use both office application on your system. There is nothing to worry about the different version and it works really nice.

It is correct. There is no such tool available. You have to ask the send to save those files in office 97-2003 format. I am also using Office 2007 but I save the files in compatible format so that it is easy to view. This is a sudden change in Office file extension. You can download a file viewer from web. There are some application that will only allow you to view what is inside the file. But you cannot modify them. That can be good for reference.

In Access, I received the converter failed to save the file error message when attempting to create an Excel spreadsheet from a form. I was able to avoid the error by opening Excel before creating the spreadsheet. i found and tested a permenant fix for the issue of when someone with office excel2003 tries to open an .xlsm file from 2007, they get a converter failed to save\open the file error. Check your excel 2003 version. It has to be (11.8307.8221) sp3 If not, do office 2003 updates from microsoft's website until you are at this version and Presto.....another issue done!

I got a convertor pack from the updates that really worked fine. It is recommended that you must not get any third party tools. Because stability is not guaranteed on it. You can easily face convertor failed error. I got the pack before and I had not made any changes in the system. I think due to that everything is working fine.

I think you must leave all other stuff and try Microsoft Office 2007. I think that is the best way to move ahead. Office 2003 does not read any format of Office 2007 nor an other application in Windows can do that. But you can view that online on Google. That will allow you to find out what is inside it.

re: Microsoft Office 2007 Convertor failed to save file

Can anyone help with this question.
    A user checked out a Word 2007 document from SharePoint 2007, modified, saved and checked the document back in. All appears OK.
    However when the user selected Save As the following message appeared - The Converter failed to save the file.

Any suggestions why this appeared. It doesn't happen for other users, so may be his pc settings.

re: Microsoft Office 2007 Convertor failed to save file

same error message as me. For some reason when you try to change 'open with' to microsoft word it defaults to something different. If you just drag the file over top the microsoft word icon it works fine. I hope this helps.
    -J.C.