Thread: This might be an awkward one

This might be an awkward one

Hello everyone,
    i'd like to request your help regarding an awkward component.
    a friend of mine dropped me a computer with a weird format, and we were able to narrow down the trouble to the mainboard.
    1st of all i will give you the link to the motherboard and manufacturer so you can get a good look.

http://www.dtk.com.tw/product/mb/eg65.html

yes, this is all the information i could get from the website and i'd be thankful for the one who could get me the manual for this board even if it isn't going to help.

so the problem is simple, switched power supplies, switched cpus, switched memory, and narrowed down to motherboard problem,
    its not firing up.

now here is the delicate part, when the PSU power switch turns on, the CPU fan and chipset fan run for a second and then turn back off. this is a sign of healthy power input to the motherboard i believe.
    but when trying the power button on the power connector (if u can tell which one it is, i've tried them all) the motherboard simply doesn't power on.

okay, here's a new development, the power supply just blew up, taking down the whole house's electrical power, luckily i was able to turn it back on.

now i dont really know what to say. any suggestions?

Try reseating ram, video cards if any? Do a test of ram from here http://www.memtest86.com/
    Also have you tried another psu?

i tested 2 power supplies with the same result except for the one that blew up for no particular reason, the RAM has been changed and the slot cleaned, CPU also, as i have said earlier, when power is given to the PSU, the fans will turn for a few seconds, but there is no other way of powering on the system.
    thanks for help.

do you have the CPU fan connected to the proper connector(some boards will refuse to boot or even power up if there is no fan connected to the CPU fan Connector, it is a safety feature) Are you sure the power button header is properly connected?

yes the cpu fan is in correct location, and the power button connector is working, but i also even switched it and tried the reset connector, tried multiple things, and even though once u look @ things from the simple perspective, it should work, but it doesn't. now i dont really know if the PSU blowing up caused any damage to the board and made it worse, and it could even be that the motherboard cause a short circuit of some sort to blow up the PSU. so the question i am leading to is the possibility of having some bad capacitors causing this. i'll post some photos later if that would help.
    thank you