Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Nvidia MediaShield RAID and Intel Storage Matrix RAID compatibility

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2008

sad Nvidia MediaShield RAID and Intel Storage Matrix RAID compatibility

I have a a 2x320GB RAID0 set up on an old Asus K8N-VM motherboard. The problem is that this motherboard/ram/CPU are kinda dead, so I'm building a new system and moving the RAID array there. I want to go back to Intel, perhaps a DG33FB and a C2D cpu.

My question is: Will the existing RAID0 array created using Nvidia MediaShield on the nForce-based motherboard work as-is with the Intel Storage Matrix RAID manager on the Intel G33-based system that I'm going to build?

If not, then I'll just build a new system with Asus M2N-VM-DVI and an X2 5000+ and stick the disks right in. And then wait for the G45-based mobos to arrive and upgrade my primary desktop to that.

Old 21-06-2008

sad Nvidia MediaShield RAID and Intel Storage Matrix RAID compatibility

EDIT: dupe thread by mistake .. can mods please delete this?

I have a a 2x320GB RAID0 set up on an old Asus K8N-VM motherboard. The problem is that this motherboard/ram/CPU are kinda dead, so I'm building a new system and moving the RAID array there. I want to go back to Intel, perhaps a DG33FB and a C2D cpu.

My question is: Will the existing RAID0 array created using Nvidia MediaShield on the nForce-based motherboard work as-is with the Intel Storage Matrix RAID manager on the Intel G33-based system that I'm going to build?

If not, then I'll just build a new system with Asus M2N-VM-DVI and an X2 5000+ and stick the disks right in. And then wait for the G45-based mobos to arrive and upgrade my primary desktop to that.

Last edited by vistachio : 21-06-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: dupe thread can mods please delete this?
Closed Thread

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , , ,