Thread: Hi all

Hi all

My PC is assembled one and it consists of Intel Chipset 865 perl Mother Board ,Intel PIV 3.2 GHz (Single Core), 256 MB DDR Ram, 80 GB Seagate Mother board etc. My friend assembled it for me in Gulf while I was returning to India. In india when I started using it I noticed that the sound of the CUP fan is a little more. The fan is clip type, that we can remove and fix the fan using two clips on the fan assembly. I also noticed that the CPU is overheating. There was a utility in the mother board CD that monitor CPU heat. It intermittedly warn about over heat. So I removed the program. Now in the winter and rainy season it works normally. Now(Summer season) the PC turns off automatically intermittedly. When I restarts the PC special beep sound heard and while booting it gives a message that the PC was shut down because of over heat and to press f4 to continue. Then it works normal for 15 or 30 minutes and repeats the whole process again. Some times it works for one or two hours. Can any body suggest me a cheep solution for this.

Regards

maybe you need some coolers or some extra fans in your cpu to keep it cool.

Yes I know it. But how...

Quote Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
    maybe you need some coolers or some extra fans in your cpu to keep it cool.
    Yes I know it. But I want the exact solution. What type of fan? How to fix it? and where? Or is there any other cooler?

Here are the temperatures!

Hi

Here are the temperatures at different zones after restarting the machine. I have stated in my first post that my PC shuts down due to over heat. If I switched it again, during booting it show the following message:

The CPU was previously shut down due to a thermal event (Overheating)
    Service the unit right away to restore this.
    Press F4 to resume

The following are the temperatures at different zones:

Processor Zone Temperature : 73*C/163*F
    System Zone 1 Temperature : 41*C/105*F
    System Zone 2 Temperature : 49*C/120*F
    Processor Fan Speed : 4460 (average)

Is the temperature too much? Is the fan speed insufficient?

I have removed and applied fresh heat zinc element.

Any body please help!

Re: Hi all

I have an Intel PERL MB that detected the CPU over temp. I have corrected the problem however, I still get the over temp message and the computer shuts down even when I do the F4 routine. When I try to reboot I get a very sick long and then a short beep and then it shuts down. I have cleared the Cmos. There is no way do anything to the BIOS in the 4 seconds the board is alive. Any thoughts?