Thread: motherboard for Geforce gtx 460 graphic card

motherboard for Geforce gtx 460 graphic card

I am intending to have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 768 graphic card. I bought this graphic card from my friend on my birthday. I have a presently Gigabyte 945 motherboard. So I just interested to be familiar with whether it is supported by my motherboard or I require to alter my motherboard for the above version or latest version. My Gigabyte is four year old. Does this graphic card give me better performance with newly bought motherboard? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: motherboard for Geforce gtx 460 graphic card

Welcome to this forum. First of all I want to inform you that this Gigabyte 945 motherboard supports Nvidia gtx 460 786 graphic cards. Because this new gapgic card will fit into PCI Express slot not in the PCI. PCI is older card. And your Gigabyte motherboard have PCI express slot. It has PCIE 2.0 x16 slot that it need for this graphic card. But the problem would be that it can fit into your tower or not because size of this card is so huge it require full size tower. If you try to put into your normal tower it slow down your computer because of heat. You need to upgrade because it need more power than normal. You have to change your PSU also.

First of all excuse me posting different than actual post. Hope to get better result over here. I am having problem in my computer. I have Compaq computer I bought this computer 4 years ago from a shopping mall. It worked fine till now. I really enjoyed with computer without any problem. I recently faced a problem in my computer. There is no display on my desktop it beeps on start from internet search I come to know this is RAM problem. When I went to shop to buy a new RAM they asked me which RAM DDR1, DDR2 or DDR3, I am not aware of that. Can anybody tell me how I could I know my RAM type. Please help me to get out of this.

Welcome to this forum. I think you are not much aware of the computer. Just use the computer for your purpose only. As you told me that you are using this computer since last 4 years. That means it would be DDR1 because that time DDR3 was not launched in the market. It would be DDR2 but very less chance. Best solution to know the RAM type take out your Ram from your computer and go to shop buy that one. I tell you the difference between DDR1 and DDR2. In DDR1 you have cut on corner and in DDR2 have cut in center. So check where your RAM have cuts.