Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: Atx cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by bottle
    maybe they are charging such a high rate since its a new product give it a few months to drop. by the way the server version of the true 550 is available here i think the model number ends with some eps.. at that time the true480 was 7000 and this one was 9000 ..

i guess they make about 1-1.5k profit per piece sold ? otherwise there would be no point in going through all the hassle of importing it going through customs etc

what we need is for the companies themselves to enter the market and start giving us users competitive prices. i think at the moment its dealers who buy at normal rates and then // import them
    I know about the Server version of the Antec 550 - very embarrasing experience - I paid the 9000/- took it home attached it - no power - returned it and took the True480 - and on the way back home I realised that I HAD FORGOTTEN TO ATTACH THE 4 PIN P4 POWER CONNECTOR OF THE 550!!! By the way the 24 pin power connector of the Server PSU connected fine on my MoBo's 20 pin socket - the extra 4 pins hung outside the socket. When I returned the Server 550 PSU for which I had paid 9000/- I took the True480 which was 4700/-.

Yup - we all know about the excessive charges for new products, its always been this way.

I think the importers here have massive margins - but considering the number of pieces being sold of high end products I suppose they cannot make much money untill they charge a high price - and if they do not make sufficient money they will not import the hardware in the first place..... Hmmmm.

I dont think our market is big enough for the big hardware companies to set up shop in India. Even when they do come they seem to mainly sell their second class products here as very few people here will pay for the top of the line hardware.
    Last edited by richard; 08-10-2004 at 11:20 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56