Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atx cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by richard
    I thought Delhi was hotter than 29.7 C these days ? A/C running ?

I like your PSU voltage readings - very good. My 3.3 is a bit on the low side - but well within tolerances.
    Delhi is becoming quite pleasant now. My computer room does not have an AC

Yes, I am pretty happy with the voltage readings of my SMPS.

During the summer months, I tend to keep the side panel of my computer open. I have attached two Antec fans to my case, one blowing air to the graphics card/northbridge area and the other one is working as an exhaust.

I really like the side-wise placement of HDDs in Antec. It is a struggle for me to get my HDDs in and out of my case. I really love to have an Antec case for my next PC. By the way, I have a cheapo Frontec case here.

I bought two Zalmans from USA this June, costs around $35 each, the second one is still waiting to be mounted in my next PC
    Last edited by Pagladashu; 30-09-2004 at 10:03 PM.
    My Main Computer
    P4 2.4C, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, Zalman Alcu7000A HSF, 2X256 MB Crucial and 2X256 MB Corsair DDR 400 RAM, Radeon 9500 Pro, LOGITECH MX 510 mouse, Antec Smartpower 350 watts, Seagate and Samsung 7200 rpm HDD-80 GB each, SyncMaster 763MB monitor, Samsung CD writer, Altec Lansing ATP 3 speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagladashu
    I really like the side-wise placement of HDDs in Antec. It is a struggle for me to get my HDDs in and out of my case.

I bought two Zalmans from USA this June, costs around $35 each, the second one is still waiting to be mounted in my next PC
    If you enlarge my case picture above you will see the 3.5" HDD's have cradles which have clips on the sides - Press clips and drive pops out. I think this system seems to be becoming the standard way to mount drives. Most of the current cases have this system.

I must mention this - my full copper Zalman Heat Sink has lost its shine which flaked off and it now looks pink with Green oxidation marks - copper picks up this horrible Green colour in Mumbai's humid climate. Pagla, I think you know about this from my POSTS on the "other" forum.

Well Pagladashu if you are looking for a caseing from antec in delhi than there is agood news... With in few weeks a delhi based dealer will have all the Antec and CM products... I had a talk with Antec people in chennai and also with the delhi based dealer and they said that are working over it... The Delhi based dealer is Computer Infinite and keep preety much the stock of every high end products... Even rave got his machine from them... BTW if you looking for a good casing then there is one available by Zebronics in Delhi... The casng has a CPU Temp and FAN's RPM Display LCD on the front panel and also comes with two panel fans along with USB and Audio front panel ports... The caseing comes in both Black and white and is around 1450 with a crappy 350 Watt PSU...

Rig 1 : A64 3200+ | ASUS A8V E Dlx | 1 Gig Transcend | XFX 6800 GT | Seagate 80Gb Raid | Seagate 160 Gig Backup | Samsung 997DF | Sony DRU 800 | Logitech Z5300 | Microsoft IE 3.0
    Rig 2 : XP 2400+ | MSI K7N2 Ultra ILSR | 512 Generic DDR | XFX 6600 GT | Seagate pata 160 Gig | Samsung 793MB | LiteOn DVD Rom | Samsung 52x CDRW | Creative FPS 1500 | MS Wireless optical combo

Quote Originally Posted by vinodv
    Hi Bottle,

What is the cnps 7000 fan? Is it a case fan or a processor fan? Please post details and price.

tia
    vv
    its a cpu heatsink + fan as richard mentioned , its going to be a year old and looks almost the same as it did when i first got it. it comes with a fan controller as well to reduce the speed and make it run quieter but i decided not to use it and run the fan at full rpm it still is very quiet. i got it from singapore as well and cost me around rs 1500 odd.

heres a pic of it in my pc

http://forums.techarena.in/myrig.php?do=getimage&id=111

richard i think i still need to do a wire management session and see if it helps bring down temps lol . your case is quite big i have seen it here in chennai and it must be airy especially with those 120mm fans

@switch

you talking about that lava or something by zebronics that was featured in chip ?

it is gathering dust - big time

You mean like so...

Quote Originally Posted by bottle
    heres a pic of it in my pc ......... i think i still need to do a wire management session and see if it helps bring down temps lol . your case is quite big i have seen it here in chennai and it must be airy especially with those 120mm fans
    Here is a bad picture taken on an old digital camera of the insides of my case.... You can see the additional 120mm fan I attached just above the red SATA cables - just above this Fan is the main power cable going to the Mother Board. There is also a third 120mm fan in the front section of the case. The only cables showing are the front panel USB2 and the 2 Temperature probes from the front panel to the Northbridge and the display card. You can see on top the cable from the Heat Sink goint to the Zalman Fan Controller which I have tied to the PSU's Power cable and the 4 pin 12v P4 connector. The IDE cable is there on the top right but has been hidden by folding out of the way.

Last edited by richard; 01-10-2004 at 08:04 AM.

Bottle

Are you using the Antec rounded cobra data cables - those silvery cables I see in you case pic ? I have one 36" long - gives me a lot of trouble in connecting to drives as it makes 2 loops around my case.

I read in a review that these Antec cables are not very good in error free data handling and people say they have crosstalk problems as each of the strands of wires inside these cables have not been indivitually shielded.

I better not post a pic of my case. It is in a complete mess!!! Can you please post a bigger pic of your case? I'll try to imitate your cable management. I still have PATA drives though!!

And yes, my HSF will look somewhat like that if I do not clean it for say, 2 weeks!!
    Man ask for anything but dont ask me to use my old digital camera again. This Sony Mavica 0.5 MegaPixel camera is about 6 - 8 years old - the first generation - and I think whatever dies with age in digital cameras is now nearly gone - is it the CCD ? Whenever I decide to buy a new camera some other goodies are of more importance like now my APC UPS died and I have to replace that and I want to get the Philips DIVX player. I WANT THIS PLAYER.

I have a PATA cable for my 2 CD drives - you can see it in my Pic - just fold it out of the way. At times I attach a third HDD which is a PATA and I hide that cable too.

Post a picture of your case lets see whats it like - maybe we can manage to hide your cables too. I used wire spirals (cannot remember the right name) extensively around the power wires - this bunches up the wires and makes them look neater.

You are joking about your Zalman looking that full of dust... arnt you ??
    Last edited by richard; 01-10-2004 at 08:49 AM.

I an posting a pic of my case here. But it got to be one of the messiest case around!! It will be great if you guys can help me clean it up a bit!!

This pic was taken with a Canon Powershot A70 at a res of 1536X2048. Resized it to make it smaller.

Regarding the HSF dust, may be bit of exxageration, but it does attract lot of dust. I live in a part of Delhi (vasant kunj) which is rather dusty.
    Last edited by Pagladashu; 01-10-2004 at 09:27 AM.
    My Main Computer
    P4 2.4C, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, Zalman Alcu7000A HSF, 2X256 MB Crucial and 2X256 MB Corsair DDR 400 RAM, Radeon 9500 Pro, LOGITECH MX 510 mouse, Antec Smartpower 350 watts, Seagate and Samsung 7200 rpm HDD-80 GB each, SyncMaster 763MB monitor, Samsung CD writer, Altec Lansing ATP 3 speaker.

Thanks!! Richard!

I'll give it a try this weekend and shall post a pic of the end-result.
    My Main Computer

well i had no problems with them till recently where the silver shielding around the ide connectors had started to peel/tear off due to some stretching and i got a lot of data corruption while reading from my cd drives.. have removed those cables for now

Yes its a pity - I paid 1200/- for a SHINY cable that is only good for tying up birthday presents
    Last edited by richard; 01-10-2004 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richard
    Yes its a pity - I paid 1200/- for a SHINY cable that is only good for tying up birthday presents
    i went and got a new one today and decided to give it a second shot , its rs750 /- now

by the way they have a fake zalman cooler (lol not fake but another brand that looks exactly like the flower full cooper zalman heatsink but the fins were a bit thicker)

was a bit shocked to see it so didnt ask for price

Quote Originally Posted by deejay
    @ Richard,

1) twist the power cables before you tie, sleeve them.
    This will reduce the noise, EMI, from being picked up and provide a much more cleaner power.
    hey any tips on cable sleeving ? i dont think we get those professional kits here like they have overseas.. so any suitable alternative?

hey richard turn the hard disks the otherway around . i have seen some people do that and it makes the cabling look a lot neater since the connectors are not seen and wiring easier to route
    Last edited by bottle; 01-10-2004 at 01:56 PM.

i went and got a new one today and decided to give it a second shot , its rs750 /- now

by the way they have a fake zalman cooler (lol not fake but another brand that looks exactly like the flower full cooper zalman heatsink but the fins were a bit thicker)

was a bit shocked to see it so didnt ask for price

hey any tips on cable sleeving ? i dont think we get those professional kits here like they have overseas.. so any suitable alternative?

hey richard turn the hard disks the otherway around . i have seen some people do that and it makes the cabling look a lot neater since the connectors are not seen and wiring easier to route
    Did you get the 18" 24" or 36" Cobras for this price ?

Yes I have seen pictures of this copy of the Zalman - seen a review of the copy which was not very good.

I just use the wire spirals - dont know the exact name.

When I turn the hard disks the SATA cables get a lot of pressure from the right side panel. PRESSURE + SATA = BROKEN SATA CONNECTORS. One bit of information I picked up at a site was that SATA cables are very susceptible to crosstalk and should be kept away from any other cables which have a heavy data traffic - this is why I have my SATA cables a bit away from each other. To open the other side panel I have to take off the left side panel and then the front panel and then 4 screws to get the right panel off........ way too much of an effort and I am the type of person who when I am bored just dismantles things in the case to pass time.

I have a link to a page which gave instructions for cable sleeving but this involved getting the sleeves from USA and detaching every pin from every connector and also opening the PSU case to complete the sleeving process - I wanted to but it seemed to much of an effort and it would VOID the 3 year warranty.

@deejay

Thanks for the suggestions

Cannot twist the Antec cables - they are stiff - cannot budge them at all. They have to go in a straight line that is why I pushed them straight into a 5.25 drive slot.

I dont think I want to cut the Antec cable and redo/shorten the 20 pin connections - I would make a mess of it. Anyway my 5v reading is BANG ON 5v

i ve seen the tuts for cable sleeving too and ising lighter to heat the heat shrink wrap but i always chicken out at the molex removal part

edit : richard while using the cobra cables did you use the grounding strap?
    You think the Molex pin removal is BAD then think about removing every one of the 20 pins from the Power connector !!

Yes I did use the grounding strap - but in my case like I said this darn cable does 2 circles before it can be connected to the drive. Mother Board to HDD 4 - 6" and the cable is 36"

I will find the link for the cable tut - it was a pretty neat job. If I am not mistaken it was on the page of the people who make the sleeves and they did not have heat shrink sleeves.

Did you check out the review of the Antec True480w whose link I had left in an earlier POST of mine ? Very good pics of the inside of the PSU.

@ Richard=> I was looking at the picture of your cabinet. Can't even see the 4-pin power connector! Is it at the same position as in my Mobo (S-W of the HSF)? How did you manage to hide it so nicely?? Man, you are a wizard!!
    NO - the location is different - the P4C800ED has the P4 12v connector on top - above the RAM Slots. You can see the wire next to the Zalman's wire.

Wizard - who - me ? .... no way Hosey..... if you want to see a wizards cabling look at this pic and cry Every time I see this picture I want to rip my cables out and start all over again... :trashpc:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast