Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CPU Overheating!!

abhay Guest
    always thought otherwise

taylor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle

afaik hsf fans blow air onto the hsf not exhaust it right ? so there shouldnt be any conflicts
    Yep thats right. The heat sink fan blows air into heat sink. Keeping a case fan facing and blowing toward the heat sink will give it a boost of fresh air rather than recycle the hot air. and u better have a exhaust at the rear near the CPu too

guys , i put yet another fan in the cabinet n cabinet doesn't support more than tat!! i now get the thermal ratings as 60c-system zone1-48c -system zone2- 46c. is 60 deg is allright!!! my cpu fan speed wen i start my pc is arnd 2500 rpm n it gradually increases to 5000/5100 rpm

mlnunes Guest
    system zone1-48c -system zone2- 46c
    Both should be less than 40C...
    and proc. around 50C

cngn Guest
    Wolvie, Any chance you can take a pic of your Case from the side, and post it here? Twould make it easier to offer you solutions rather than guessing what your problem may be...

that 60 temperature is idle or at full load? if its at full load, then that is pretty muvh OK
    http://forums.techarena.in

idea

sorry fr the late reply i was not able 2 come online
    well, usually my system zone 2 temp goes out of control(i.e crossing 50 dig celcius mark),i also want 2 ask u a few things
    1:-if the north bridge is the black chip just below my ddr ram slots(the one with no heat sinks).
    2:-what does system zone 1 and 2 basically represent(sepetately) and also their hiher limit temp,rt now my upper limit for the following is

proc zone -68 dig celcius
    system zone 1 -5o dig celcius
    systen zone 2 -50 dig celcius
    3:- and again waht is the cost of cpu fans?

4:- i dont have any extra space in thae cpu 2 put the fan (there r already 2 fans excluding the processors ) except one below the smps ,
    but i have 2 connectors left vacant ion the motherboard will the addition of the 4th fan help if i put it in the bottom 2 throw the air up
    i hope u r getting my pt STALKER

mlnunes Guest
    Day b4 yesterday when I opened my cabinet, I noticed that the fan on the side of the cabinet over the CPU is set as an exhaust [outlet] fan. Previously, I didn't notice it coz the default factory setting was like that only but after reading the article above, I reversed the fan so that it acts as intake fan. Also, the side fan is fitted with an air duct and my action makes sense.

Running my PC during last two days...I noticed about 5^C-6^C drop in temps. That's really excellent... Previously while idle, my prescott temp. was about 50^C but now in idle condition, its about 45^C. In full load [while running Kaspersky Antivirus Scan or Playing Farcry etc.], the max. goes upto 65^C. I think thats pretty okay for a Prescott proc. Isn't it?

One more thing I noticed is that...previously while in full load, the fan speed went upto 5200 RPM but now...the max. goes upto 2800 RPM only. I think thats b'coz the side fan is placed directly over the CPU fan.

What u guys think now? Do I need to worry? Is it too high still?

mlnunes Guest
    what does system zone 1 and 2 basically represent(sepetately) and also their hiher limit temp,rt now my upper limit for the following is?
    System Zone 1 is the PSU Temp.
    System Zone 2 is the Case Temp.

Normally, System Zone 2 < System Zone 1
    and System Zone 2 should be <= 40^C.

My Case Temp. remains around 35^C most of the time..
    and I'm using Motherboard Monitor 5 for recording temps.

Note: Both Motherboard Monitor 5 & Intel Active Monitor records exactly the same temps. So, no diff. between two...

but in my case system 2 temp>system1 temp.
    -what is psu???
    and only in an A.C. my sys 1 temp is below 40 and sys 2 below 50at normal workloads
    -what r the upper limits of the 3things i.e proc ,sys1, sys2 (i,e which r safe enough)
    -please if u can plz ans my previous questions also

mlnunes Guest
    -what is psu???
    and only in an A.C. my sys 1 temp is below 40 and sys 2 below 50at normal workloads
    -what r the upper limits of the 3things i.e proc ,sys1, sys2 (i,e which r safe enough)
    -please if u can plz ans my previous questions also
    PSU {Power Supply Unit} also known as SMPS..
    Safe upper limits differ from proc. to proc... but I guess incase of intel prescott...
    it should be like approximately...
    PROC - 65C
    SYS 1 - 45C
    SYS 2 - 40C

if the north bridge is the black chip just below my ddr ram slots(the one with no heat sinks).
    Which motherboard do u have?

hey man the upper limit specifioed by intel is
    68 for the proc
    and 50 for sys 1,2 ,well my comp if always above 40
    secondly i have a 865 gbf mbd

also i am buying(rather changig) my frontech cabinet with a i-Grabet cabinet any suggestions

hey dood,i have the same iBox grabit cabby,its a good cabinet.Not comparible to Antec but better than other cheap ones.

mlnunes Guest
    iBox grabit is good but nothing special....
    don't buy the mini-grabit...since theres not much room inside...
    go for the bigger one...

also try and get a cab. that has proper ventilation and additional fans...if possible...

hey man the upper limit specifioed by intel is
    68 for the proc
    and 50 for sys 1,2 ,well my comp if always above 40
    those are upper limits by default in Intel Active Monitor but can't say if completely safe...

and if you do have intel 865 gbf mobo..then there's a heatsink over northbridge....silver color..i think...

Ibox cabinets-not very good. they have the chimney thing but nothin special about it. my brother's friend is a dealer in Nehru Place says 30-40% of the ibox cabinets coming back cause SMPS went kaput after 5-6 months.i sked if it was with a particular batch but he said many dealers were facing this problem.
    saw a cabinet in august CHIP from Lavatronics- 400W SMPS, 5 xtra fan slots 2 of them on the sides with speed sensors, LCD showing fan speed and temp. etc. CHIP gave it 4 stars. Rs.1200-1400 cost. my dealer said it is good with 2 years warranty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast