Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

after cleaning the insides of my gaming computer it will not boot

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 24-09-2014

after cleaning the insides of my gaming computer it will not boot

Today I completely removed all hardwares from my gaming computer to completely clean it. But after puttin it back together now my computer will not boot at all. When I turn on my pc then the lights turn on for 5 seconds and then fans also begin to spin. After that my ASUS Sabertooth 990FX board reads a FF code and then shuts down completely. There is nothing displaying on the screen so I dont even know whether I am reaching the post. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Old 25-09-2014

Re: after cleaning the insides of my gaming computer it will not boot

Have you also tried to remove the heatsink from the CPU or had pull the CPU at all? Please also check whether all the electrical connections are set firmly. Did you also made sure whether there are no wet particles on the hardware because if there is any then most probably your computer has been damaged. If that is not the case, then just make sure that the power cables and RAM sticks are placed in securely, if they were also removed.
Old 26-09-2014

Have you tried to reapply a new thermal paste on the CPU as well? After that did you also placed the heatsink properly at its place securely? I am hoping that you have not pull the CPU out to clean the top of it. Also, check to make sure that no thermal paste got in the holes on the motherboard. I am sure that after you reinstall your CPU and CPU cooler securely then things might work out for you. If still nothing then you should better remove all the hardware and reinstall everything back again.
Old 27-09-2014

It might be possible that the PSU could have gone bad. Did you try to use the power supply in other pc and checked if it is workign fine. Can you check whether the motherboard is sitting on the standoffs properly? There could be possibilities if the board is shorting out. Can you also check if the 6/8 pin and 24 pin is connected properly to the motherboad? You can also try to short the pins and see if that turns on. If it is doing that way then it seems the problem is related with the PSU.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: ,