Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-07-2014

Asus Maximus V1 Hero or Maximus VII Ranger mobo?

So, finally I am going to change the motherboard after a long time. The reason I want to change the motherboard is because I was using an old CPU along with all the other hardwares for years. Now I am looking to upgrade to the Haswell processor and therefore need a compatible mobo. I am going to use it for gaming and editing purpose. I will also look into overclocking but not too much. After research I found 2 boards called Asus Maximus V1 Hero and Asus Maximus VII Ranger but cant decide which one to go for. So if anyone can suggest which is the best among these 2 it will be helpful. Thanks
Old 19-07-2014

Re: Asus Maximus V1 Hero or Maximus VII Ranger mobo?

Different motherboards have many new features compared to each-other. Some mobo are made with robust quality like the Sabertooth series board while some boards come with support for wifi and there are also other mobo's that are better overclockers. You have not said why do you want to change the board specifically. Just for gaming and editing purpose there are other cheap mobo's available. You should first try to read some reviews of the motherboard online and then come to a conclusion.
Old 21-07-2014

As far as comparing the 2 motherboard's that you have choosen, the Asus Maximus V1 Hero has a little advantage. It comes with extra Sata ports and also a M PCIE port. There is also extra overclocking software for the Hero board. The audio is also better along with the power source for the micro-processor. Most of the Asus ROG series motherboard are optimum for overclocking. There is an easy way to perform it with better results as well. You can easily get them to 5ghz easily.
Old 22-07-2014

Yes, the only difference is that the Asus Hero motherboard comes with 8 Sata ports where else the Asus Ranger mobo comes with only 6 Sata ports. There is also a good power supply voltage for the CPU in Asus Hero board. But still the Ranger series is better in overclocking. There is another board in the ROG lines called Formula which is very relevant due to its armor. As for the price and performance the Z97-a is a good buy. However, the choice is upto you for which one to go for.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , ,