Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2014

Wrong drive boot configuration on Asus Motherboard

I am not really sure what happen but there is some problem with Asus Motherboard. I am unable to figure out why it is always choosing the wrong hard drive for booting. There are two drives in the system. The first one is one which has windows installed and the second one is for data. Whenever I restart my pc I get a disk boot error. I check in the bios and found that the default drive is selected as wrong. I have to change that and upon next restart the system starts working fine. Does anyone knows how to fix the issue.
Old 10-07-2014

Re: Wrong drive boot configuration on Asus Motherboard

You are getting the error because bios settings are not saved. Just buy a motherboard battery. This one will surely help you. A motherboard battery help the bios to save your latest settings. If this is gone then whatever changes you had done in your system are temporary. It will reset when you shutdown your pc. The arrangement for first boot device and second boot devices take care about the booting stuff. If this arrangement is not in a proper format then your system will not boot properly.
Old 11-07-2014

Re: Wrong drive boot configuration on Asus Motherboard

That is correct. I had got this issue when I was trying to format my pc through windows installation dvd. I had configured the usb optical drive to use as first boot devices. But still upon restart the system boot through the hard drive. Then I used the F12 method of booting where you have to option to choose the boot media. But this is a manual process. That means you have to do this every time. And I was able to format my system. It worked. I changed the battery later on and now the system configuration are saved once applied.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , ,