Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Lost Core i3 processor want to downgrade

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 10-06-2014

Lost Core i3 processor want to downgrade

My friend is having issue with his Core i3 system. He was playing game and the cpu fan stopped working. The processor burned due to overheating. I am not really sure whether the socket is working fine or not. I want some suggestion to downgrade the pc so that atleast it can be use for day to day usage. I am not really expecting much in the gaming part. I took the board to the service center and they say it is working. But the cpu is gone.

Old 11-06-2014

Re: Lost Core i3 processor want to downgrade

You can use a processor which has a similar socket to your Core i3 cpu. Today the most common one is LGA 1155. If you are having this stock then I can recommend you a few processor which are not core i3 but cheaper than them. The cheapest one that you can find in your market is Intel 1.8 GHz LGA 1155 Celeron G460. This one is a simple cpu for day to day usage and it comes around Rs.2000. You can buy this online also.
Old 12-06-2014

There is one more recommendation for you. This is going to work when your board also stop working. You can use a amd apu compatible board which is not only cheaper but also great for day to day usage. Like Gigabyte E350N. This board comes with a gpu in that means it has a processor which saves your cpu money. The cost lies around Rs.4000 for the entire kit. You can use your existing ram and hard drive on the same. That will be enough.
Old 13-06-2014

Downgrading simply means you are going to get less power than before. It is good if you can get a new Core i3 cpu and this time add a nice fan on the same. There is one that I will recommend you. It is Antec A20. This is the best budget fan ideal for keeping your system cool under extreme usage. It has copper heat-pipe and this fan comes for Rs.800. I am quiet sure you wont get this kind of fan in this budget. Don't rely on the stock fan.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , ,