Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014

bios update on asus maximus vi hero

I am using an Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard which was working well before the BIOS. But after I updated this board's bios to version 0711 my system will not turn on at all. If I am trying to turn on my computer then I am getting a code 00 error displaying on the monitor screen. I dont even know how to revert back the bios to its old version. Does anyone know how can I solve this problem? Thanks
Old 04-06-2014

Re: bios update on asus maximus vi hero

You can try to use the USB Bios Flashback to revert to any BIOS version that you want. For that you will need a USB storage formatted to FAT16 or FAT32. After that download and extract BIOS CAP files from the official ASUS website. If your BIOS version is 1404 or older: Go to BIOS-Utilities to download and install the BIOS Converter utility before updating the BIOS. Rename the file as below table, and then save it to the USB storage device?s root directory. Plug the USB storage device to the white-colored USB2.0 port, then press the USB BIOS Flashback button/ROG Connect button for three seconds till the LED begins to blink, then release. Wait till the LED stops blinking, indicating that BIOS flashing has been completed. You can get more information about it on this link - http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/
Old 05-06-2014

I was also getting the code 00 error when I did a BIOS update on this same Asus motherboard. I was using the original bios that came with the mobo and was getting the 00 code after restarting my computer. I even tried to disconnect all components for 1 minutes but nothing seemed to work. But later when I did a reset by clearing the CMOS battery then it started to work again and I reflashed to the original bios version by downloading it from the Asus website.
Old 06-06-2014

I would also suggest you to use the USB BIOS Flashback to solve your problem. First of all download BIOS version 0804 from Asus site. After that borrow a usb drive and format it to FAT32 and then extract the same bios file and rename it to M6H.CAP and then copy it to the USB drive. Now, plug in the usb drive to the port which is right below the USB BIOS Flashback button. After that press the USB BIOS Flashback button for 5 seconds untill he LED begins to blink and then release it. All you need to do is just wait for the LED to stop blinking and then turn on your computer.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , ,