Thread: Sleep mode not working on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH board

Sleep mode not working on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH board

There is a bit issue with Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH board. I am not able to put the system on sleep mode. I had tried doing this a number of time but it fails to work. I a not able to figure the reson here. The suystem keeps on all the time. It must go off automatially after 15 minutes. But it the desktoip remains active all the time. And it also does not auto-lock. I notice this recently. I was not aware that the system is not going in sleep mode.

Re: Sleep mode not working on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH board

There can be some applications in the background which is causing the issue. You have to find out all the current process in your system. Just locate those apps and service and disable them. For software you can remove it and for services you can turn them off from control panel > administrative tools. Just right click and disable the service that you don't need. Then go in the power settings and check the options.

The power management option to put the pc on sleep might be turned off due to which you can seek your system awake all the time. If you are using Windows 7 then just type power option in the start menu. Click on that and choose the options you need. Enable things that are required. You can create more power plans from here. Keep the system time at 5 minutes to sleep. That will be the earliest one.

Sleep mode and hibernation things does not work well if your system psu is not proper. It is good to disable them. I had seen many desktop which does not wake back from hibernation mode due to a very low quality ram used. I am using Antec BP300P psu. Before that I was having a local brand that offer 240w and came for Rs.400. I was having issue with sleep mode and hibernation. After adding the new psu the system worked well. I can put the system in sleep mode multiple time without issue.