Thread: Fan control not proper on Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

Fan control not proper on Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

I am trying to use Easy Tune on Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 motherboard. I am not able to manage the cpu fan here. There are in total 3 system fans and a liquid cooler. I want to control the fan rpm. When I play game the cpu heats up but the fan does not increase their speed. I tried to increase them and tested in HWMonitor. The fan rpm remains at the same ratio and does not move ahead. I hope I am not doing anything wrong here.

Re: Fan control not proper on Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

EasyTune is a Gigabytes utility. It must work. You have to check the fan connection first. Open your cpu case and connect all the fan on the motherboard fan connectors. If they are connected directly to the psu the disconnect them. There are tiny 3 pin connectors on the motherboard. Hook them on that and check again. IT will work. You can go in bios and see the case fans are detected or not. If not then try updating the bios.

Re: Fan control not proper on Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

You can try testing some other fan control software. There are ample of them available. Speedfan is one of them. I found this tool much better compare to other. Because this software works smooth and has a very easy control. You can adjust the speed in it. It is right that to use the fan you have to connect them on the motherboard instead of directly on the psu. The fan speed will remain unmanaged. There are few case that come with fan control key. They are not dependent on any software.