Thread: Core i3 system fail to boot on Intel DH55TC motherboard

Core i3 system fail to boot on Intel DH55TC motherboard

I am helping my friend to build a new pc. He got a used board and processor from a local shop. It is Intel Core i3 and Intel DH55TC board. I think the cpu is first generation. I am not really sure about that. I had a old cpu case with 512MP spare ram. After connecting everything the system is not booting. The connection looks proper to me. The board is tested and the processor also. The seller says it was removed from a working pc.

Re: Core i3 system fail to boot on Intel DH55TC motherboard

It can be a connection problem only. To power on you have to require two important connection. First is a 24pin ATX power cable which is used to power the board and other hardware and the second one is 4pin cpu power connection which is connected separately. I hope you had connected both of this. Just connect that and check. Replace the power connection if your system still does not boot.

What about your psu. It is working. You said you are using a old cpu case. Have you checked before assembling that everything is ok. Means every thing there is working. When you power on does the psu fan spins. If not then it means it is not properly. You will have to buy a different one. The best thing you can do is take the board and cpu to the shop and get it checked there.

To find out the psu is working fine when you hit the power button the system fan and cpu fan will spin. If not then there is no power. Many board have led light on them. This shows that the power is active. But if not then I think you will have to arrange a different psu for that. This would be for just testing purpose. Hook your system on that and check that you are able to get display or not.

There is always a beep sound when your system is on. But you said that here you are not getting any output. Just check there is a power button on the back of your psu. See that it is turned on. The second thing you have to see that the power cable on the board is fitted tightly. Remove it and put it back again which will help more. If nothing works then the psu is faulty. You have to carry it to some repair center.

I hope you had attached the processor properly. It is always better to take help from some person who knows about assembling. Or else you can face some damage in the pc. If you have the board manual then just checkout the front header settings in that.There are pins which belong to the power and reset buttons. You have to match them properly to git or else it won't work. Remove all of them and only let the power connected.

It is very complicated to identify the problem when you have no power. It is not easy to determine where can be problem. Is it with the psu or with the motherboard or with the processor. Even after checking all connections you might not get display. In that case you have to change the psu only. Because as mentioned it is the only source for power. The one which you had is not proper. Borrow from someone and test it.

When you are assembling connect the cpu power supply. This is the most important one. There is a 4pin connector which you have to connect. The second thing you have do is connect the atx power supply and done. Other cables for hard drive, optical drive, system fan, etc. You will also have to connect the cpu fan cable or else the system will not boot. Just see these three things are properly connected or not.