Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-04-2014

Ideal temperature of Intel Core i7 cpu while gaming

What can be the ideal temperature of Intel Core i7 at the time of playing games. I am unable to get a proper chart for it. I am checking the cpu temperature. When I start my pc at boot it remains between 50 to 60 degree. But after playing game when I shutdown my pc sometime the temperature is between 70 to 80degree. Is this normal. I am using the regular cpu fan and the system is working quiet fine. It does not lag or freeze.
Old 17-04-2014

Re: Ideal temperature of Intel Core i7 cpu while gaming

The temperature is too high. 80degree is not normal. Your cpu can burn and can stop working completely if you keep on using this. It is better to change the cpu fan or check that you are using a thermal paste or not. Just apply a new pone and check back. I hope that will be help to keep the cpu more cooler. It will reduce the temperature to great extent. Just buy a good one from the market.
Old 18-04-2014

The best thing you can do is change the cpu fan. You are using a regular air cooler. I think it is not able to give you maximum cooling solution. Here you can try one thing. I had just bought Antec A20 cooler. It is a nice budget cooler with copper pipes. I am having a Intel Quad Core system which was having a major cooling issue. After adding the fan the temperature remain stable at 30 to 40degree. It comes around for Rs.800
Old 19-04-2014

Changing fan will help you more. The stock cooler might not be spinning well due to cpu is heating. It is a bad sign. This also degrade processors life. So the best thing you can do is replace the fan instantly. You are using a very costly processor. So better apply a good cpu fan that will help you to use the system for longer period. You can choose from various available air coolers from the market. That will help you more.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , ,