Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-02-2014

ASUS Z87-A good for overclocking

I am looking to buy an Asus Z87-A motherboard and I hope that it will be a good overclocking motherboard. I also want to use a 2 way sli with nvidia card. I wanted to know if this board will be not slower or such by using the SLI feature. This board has a quad-gpu SLI capability but there are only 2 PCIE 3.0 ports and 1 2.0 port. So, do you think that it will be better to go with this motherboard for sli and good overclocking support.
Old 14-02-2014

Re: ASUS Z87-A good for overclocking

I do believe that the ASUS Z87-A motherboard for overclocking and using multiple GPUs. What they meant to say was this board is actually meant for dual graphics card and not four individual cards. I have checked many reviews of this board and everyone mentions it fine for overclocking. You will enjoy working on this board that comes with the latest Z77 chipset.
Old 15-02-2014

This board performs well at the time of overclocking by not giving any stability problems. There is a completely new CPU fan header, ESD guards, etc; that gives Asus a good set of touches compared to any other boards. The improvements made with the new Z87 line chipset is set to very high bar that Asus has set.
Old 17-02-2014

Whether you use a single video card or multiple GPUs the performance is going to be exact. When you do a SLI setup then it will only increase the video performance by doubling the output and there are many people who dont use SLI, since its just an option and not a requirement. Note that for SLI you will also require a good 1000W PSU for its support.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , ,