Thread: How to cpu clock speed is calculated for gaming purpose

How to cpu clock speed is calculated for gaming purpose

I want some detail about Cpu clock speed. How this thing is calculated. I went online to checkout a good processor. I can see some which are old but has high clock rate. When I checked the review they were not recommended for gaming. In the same way I saw some new processor which are having low clock rate but still used for gaming. This is really confusing. How can I find that which cpu is best for gaming.

Re: How to cpu clock speed is calculated for gaming purpose

If you check properly the specification you can find that each of them have a different architecture. This is what matters the most. Any cpu between 2 to 3Ghz is quiet enough for gaming purpose. You can enjoy games with good gpu on it.

Whenever you go for buying a new processor ensure that you are buying a multi-core cpu. Multi-core cpu offer you multi-tasking and are more powerful. They manage different applications easily and does not slow down your system process. It is bit not easy to calculate the cpu speed so easily. You will need to first understand how a cpu works. And later on you also need proper hardware which can meet the requirements. If you stick with old hardware then the cpu will not be able to give you maximum output. Many people do a mistake of getting a new system but they use their on graphic card. Due to which they don't get good performance. The best thing you can do is buy a gaming laptop.There yo don't have to calculate much. This system comes loaded with good hardware enough for gaming and other work.

The best way to locate a good performance cpu is through benchmarking results. You can find many reports on web. Intel Core i3 itself has more than 10 different models with different clock speed. The clock speed lies between 1.30Ghz to 2.66Ghz.

The clock speed actually tells you the amount of performance a processor can do. That's all. It can be determined as higher is better. It is not easy to calculate the same on the basis of our current usage. As per that even dual core is more than enough.

Clock speed also called as Clock rate determine the processing power of a cpu. Here you can see new models are coming with more powerful clock rate. We can get a 2Ghz cpu in the market at the budget price and those who are operate at extreme level offer you power upto 4Ghz. This is the processing power. The amount of data a cpu can process in a single time. Here dual core was the most budget process release some time ago. The cpu has two different cores which perform the same operation at faster rate. Then comes quad core where you can 4 core and even octa core is available in the market. Here in Quad core, 1 ghz means 4 different core working at 1Ghz each. So you get the power of 4 times more. Upcoming processor are more better in terms of power management. They powerful and they give you maximum output. Even mobile phone we can see are having multiple processor. But they are lot more different compared to a regular desktop processor.

What actually you are looking for. Do you need something through which you want to identify how much output your system can offer. If yes then you have to run benchmarking test. Many tools give you smart comparison through the same.

In order to determine the cpu performance you have to consider other hardware also. It is not just related to the processor clock rate. The ram, and other thing like gpu, motherboard fsb also plays a role in the output.