Thread: Asus Sabertooth Z77 PCI-E issue

Asus Sabertooth Z77 PCI-E issue

I have recently build a new computer for my friend and I have purchased a new Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard as well. I have built this computer with i5-core, 750w psu, 4gb ram and 2 x HD 6870 video card. But the problem that I am facing is that if I am installing the video card in the second Pcie slot in Crossfire then it will not work? Is there any problem with this motherboard? If yes then should I replace it asap? Thanks

Re: Asus Sabertooth Z77 PCI-E issue

Can you try to test the card one at a time in all the PCIE slots of the motherboard? If the card is not working in one of the slot then it is problem with the slot itself. If one of the card is not working in any of the slots then it could be graphics card problem. Just try to test this things and let us know what you got from the results.

Can you please specify in details what do you mean by sating it doesnt work in Crossfire? Do you mean that the computer doesnt boot at all? If it is booting then it is not loading the operating system or what? If the OS loads properly but still you notice that only single card is working? What is the BIOS version of your motherboard? Is it updated to the latest one?

Yes, I also believe that you need to update the BIOS of your Asus Sabertooth Z77 to the latest. There is an option in the BIOS to auto update the BIOS, just try to update the BIOS by using this feature. If that doesnt work then download the latest bios of your mobo from the Asus website and install it. But even after installing you are facing the same problem then you will need to RMA you board.