Thread: Buying a combo vs buying motherboard and cpu separately

Buying a combo vs buying motherboard and cpu separately

I had seen some amazing combo deals on web. They give a cpu with motherboard mix. Most of them are micro board powered by APU. I want some help on finding a good one. Also does buying a combo is better or buying them separately is good. Because if I go with buying both the things then I have to pay a good amount for that. It is costly and compare to that buying combo is far more cheaper.

Re: Buying a combo vs buying motherboard and cpu separately

I will recommend you to buy separately. Because there you have more upgrade choices. But if you go with combo then your upgrades are limited. I had seen some combo boards. They come fixed with the processor on it. You cannot remove it.

Combo boards are budget solution to build up your own system easily. Most of this are ideally used for HTPC. A tiny system to run all the necessary application and bit of gaming also. But remember that you cannot upgrade them in feature. My office has a desktop which has Intel D2700DC combo. This is a board + cpu model.It is a mini-itx system that comes loaded with Intel Atom Processor D2700 cpu. It offer you 4GB ram support. Being a low end system it is ideal for day to day job. You cannot use it for running extensive application. So there many similar models with high end support. Some of them come with apu and a dedicated video memory. I had seen one model by Gigabyte. Gigabyte GA-E240N is one of the best budget board in the market. This board has AMD E-240 processor. But it gives you more higher ram support. You can add upto 16GB of ram on the same.

There are some decent models in the market which will make your job easier. One among them is Gigabyte E350N. The cost of this board is around Rs.5,150. Which is not bad at all. This board is cheap and comes loaded with good hardware config.

Gigabyte E350N Review
    Gigabyte E350N Video Review

Asus E35M1-I DELUXE is a one of the best budget combo boards. But as mentioned above there is no way to go ahead with upgrade. This combo boards come loaded with AMD Dual Core processor with AMD Radeon HD 6310 gpu support. Here you can take benefit from the processor and graphic card both. Specification wise this board is really amazing and loaded with many new advance features. The gpu offer you 1920x1200 of maximum resolution on the dvi and 1920x1080 on hdmi. It is a new board and comes loaded with all kind of new standards. It has a usb 3.0 interface support which makes data transfer speed much faster and better and has integrated wifi support on the same. This type of boards are ideal for day to day usage but if you need gaming and better upgrades then you have to go with separate hardware.