Thread: SLI on Abit IP35 pro motherboard

SLI on Abit IP35 pro motherboard

I recently noticed that the Abit IP35 pro motherboard that I have comes with 2 PCI-Express x16 slots, so I was thinking of doing a SLI on this board? I dont know whether the second slot is x4 or x16 but there is a x16 slot for sure. If the x4 slot cant be used for SLI then can I add a new sound card to it? Also if there is any other board with a LGA 775 socket for SLI then please let me know where can I get it? Thanks.

Re: SLI on Abit IP35 pro motherboard

You wont be able to do either a SLI or a Crossfire on your motherboard that is based on P35 chipset. The 4x slot usually runs at a PCIe 1.1 speeds then it will be equal to a new card running at 2x, but it will be too slow. You can try to plud any PCI-E card if you want in there and it should physically fit. There are many sound cards with pci-e 1x which should run fine in the same slot.

The motherboard with a P35 chipset doesnt generally support SLI but they do support Crossfire. If you want to use SLI then you will need a Nvidia Chipset or Skulltrail that supports both SLI and Crossfire. So, you get what I meant to say. SLI is not officially supported by a P35 chipset but there are tips on how to do that. You can also buy an Nforce motherboard if you want to do a SLI.

I have heard that there will be some hacked drivers out in the market for SLI support in this motherboard but still now there is no information given out for till yet. There might be some company problem related with Intel and Nvidia and therefore there is no SLI support on the Intel board. Hope that someday Intel will consider to support SLI on their motherboard soon.