Thread: Suitable board for AM3+ Socket

Suitable board for AM3+ Socket

I need some reasonable models under AM3+ socket. I cannot find. What I can see a huge list of board on the online site that has amazing features, but I am not sure whether a AMD FX processor is going to work on that. I am willing to go for a new system which will have the FX series processor. And the socket it has is AM3+. I need a good board which can has this socket and loaded with great features.

Re: Suitable board for AM3+ Socket

ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 is a good reasonable board. It comes for Rs.3800. This is a Micro-ATX board offering you support to run FX series AMd processor. IT has AMD 760G chipset that looks bit amazing with RAID controller. You can add upto 8GB of ram on it.

If you need a budget board then buying Gigabyte GA-78LMT will be good. It is a usb 3.0 board that provide you AM3+ socket with 4 memory slots. You add upto 8GB ram on the same. The cost of this board is around Rs.4500. The board looks reasonable for making a regular gaming pc. Here you can add a single gpu and get reasonable output. While there is one more model available which is bit costly but looks good. The model is MSI 970A-G46. This board gives you 4 ram slots and AMD SB950 chipset. This board is amazing for gaming pc. And there is one more motherboard model that I want to add in this list. This is a bit costlier one but great enough for having high end gaming output. The board is powered by AMD 970 chipset. The model is ASUS M5A97. It comes for Rs.7600.It gives you more extra benefits over other. So if you are looking for a more better board with more advance features then going for Asus is better. Or else you have more two reasonable models available on the top side that you can test and try out.

There is one board that you can go for. The model is ASRock 990FX Extreme4. This board supports all AM3+ board giving you great cpu clock frequency. It offer you AMD 990FX chipset. This chipset is loaded with amazing great features for gaming purpose. You get good output form the same. The board has around 4 ram slots on the same. You can run upto 8GB of ram on it. You can add maximum of 32GB ram on the same So you can build up your own high end gaming system. It hsa 8 ports for sata 6gbps interface. The board is also powered by hd graphics and come loaded with amd crossfire x technology. I think this would be a kind of all in one solution for you. And if you have this board there is nothing more you need. You can try out this or you can go for more budget choice. But you are not going to get additional benefits like hooking multiple gpu on the same.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 is a good board according to me. It is a high end board that comes for Rs.15500. It is a costly board and offer you support for all AMD's FX series. This board has a 2600Mhz fsb that makes the performance much better compare to any other in the market. It has similar AMD 990FX chipset. I only found this board as one of the ideal solution for a gaming pc. Unike others you can add upto 32GB of maximum ram on the same. But if you need a more powerful one then there is one more model. The model is ASUS Sabertooth 990FX. This amazing board comes for Rs.19000. This board has the same chipset which above one has, but it is a bit more powerful and gives you additional features for overclocking. If you are not willing to go for overclocking stuff then you go for the Gigabyte. It has the benefit but to certain limits only. AMD processors has a few choices when it comes to high end boards, in comparison to Intel.

There is one more board which you can look out. It is a msi board that comes for RS.14,200. The model is MSI 990FXA-GD80. Now this is a bit cheaper and get a mid range output. It has AMD SB950 Chipset which I think is quiet enough for gaming purpose. The board offer you 32GB ram support.