Thread: Asus Rampage III Extreme issues with cpu led

Asus Rampage III Extreme issues with cpu led

I recently bought a second hand Asus Rampage III Extreme board and after connecting everything this mobo will not start at all. If I press the turn on button then the red cpu led will immediately light up. All the cables are firmly attached in the socket and even after trying different RAM, processors and video cards it will still not boot? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Asus Rampage III Extreme issues with cpu led

Are you getting any beep code or some debugged led code or something from the motherboard? Can you try to boot the system with only 1 stick of memory and the processor only. Dont attach any mouse, keyboard or any external usb drive to the computer. Also if possible take out the motherboard outside the case and put it on a plain surface and then see if its booting or not.

Have you tried to cleat the CMOS from the board which will also reset the voltages to the default if it was tweaked. I also think that this problem might be happening due to Power Supply. Can you tell us what is the make and model of the Power Supply you are using? I would recommend you to test the Power supply with the PSU calculator and see its reading.

It looks to me that the motherboard is bad. This problem usually happens when you pull the power when the computer is running which usually kills the motherboard when installing cables with the PSU plugged in. So, you will need to RMA the board and the best part is that Asus doesnt requires a receipt as well. Since from the starting only the board is not working so its definitely the Asus motherboard problem and nothing else.