Thread: Does Creative 5.1 PCI sound card will work in any desktop

Does Creative 5.1 PCI sound card will work in any desktop

My system has some gigabyte board with dual core processor. The audio stopped working. I had connected my 2.1 speaker on the same. It is not giving out any sound. I tried updating the drivers but still it does not work. I need some help here to buy a new sound card. I found Creative 5.1 on web and just want to confirm whether it is going to work on my board or not. Also is there any way through which I can fix the current problem. That will save my money.

Re: Does Creative 5.1 PCI sound card will work in any desktop

Go in Device Manager and then see under Audio devices. If the hardware is listed then just by updating the drivers it might work. But if not then the audio chip on the board is damaged. I had faced the same thing. If it is under warranty then you can get the replacement.

I think you are spending too much on buying a 5.1 sound card. A regular sound can do the job. 5.1 sound card is recommended for those who are looking for high end sound support. A regular sound can be available at a price of Rs.900. This is the cheapest one I think and it is more than enough for having a reasonable sound quality. You can find a more cheaper one in your nearest shop. But if you are looking for a extreme solution then you can go for some extreme series sound card. You can look for creative. There are certain 5.1 surround sound card available which starts from Rs.5000.While another cheaper solution is to go for a usb sound card. You can connect that at the front side of the usb port and you can use the audio jack for listening. That is more cheaper. That might come around Rs.400 I think. PCi sound card must be really cool. Because it is connected directly on the motherboard.

Do not go for a usb sound card. That is a waste of money. A usb sound does not work well, it is just a temporary solution. The best thing is to go for a reasonable pci sound. That creative 5.1 will work on your board. You just need a pci slot.

Go for Creative Soundblaster series. If you are serious about the audio quality. This sound card adds 5.1 capability in your system. Through which you can connect a higher audio profile. The second thing you need is a good set of surround sound speakers. So that you can get a all round audio output. My friend has recently configured this home theater system. He added a good 5.1 sound card which he got cheap on ebay. The sound card was loaded with 5.1 audio support. He also added a amplifier which simply boosted the audio quality and it worked really nice. But as you said that you are having a dual core system, I think that is not enough. For that kind of system a regular 2.1 sound card is more than enough. It will work fine. Do not go for usb sound card. That is a waste of money.