Thread: Using MSI Z87I for a htpc setup

Using MSI Z87I for a htpc setup

Is MSI Z87I is best for HTPC. We are building a mini pc system which will be only used for presentation purpose at our office. What I want is a decent motherboard that can provide me a good resolution over big screen. This pc will be connected to a projector. I saw this board on web, and found the features
    effective. I am not not technically advance to understand the requirement. So here can anyone guide me for the same.

Re: Using MSI Z87I for a htpc setup

It is a good board. Actually is a high end board. If you want a budget alternative then you can go for a more cheaper one. This one would be a costly upgrade but in terms of performance you do not have to worry much.

This is a new board that offer you the latest Intel Z87 chipset. You can use 4th Generation Intel Core series processor on the same. It works really well and can be ideal for gaming also. Being a Mini board this is more than enough for a htpc setup. Because here you have the latest hardware support. Being a high end mini board you have ample of solution on the same. You can use any new cpu on the same and build up a good quality system. For it offers you a DDR3 ram support. You can add a overclocking ram also on the same. For connectivity you have usb 3.0 and sata 6gbps ports. This offers great data transfer speed which works really well. It is ideal for hd videos. For stability the board is loaded with many additional features. It is build with Military Class 4 components which are highly stable and can provide you long lasting support. If you are a overclocking fan then you can use Overclocking application which comes in the bios and boost the system performance. For display support this board has display port, hdmi and dvi ports.

That's a very high end bard. Do you really think you need that for a presentation pc. There are more reasonable boards already available in the market that can provide you a more better solution. Just try out some other models also.

If you go for MSI Z87I then you are buying a upgraded motherboard. It is loaded with the latest and best hardware config. You get great output form the same and it also works really nice. This board has a onboard wifi due that adds more to the connectivity. It also supports Intel Wireless display. The board is simply amazing loaded with tons of new thing. While if you go for other models then under MicroATX series there are ample of models available. A reasonable board which I am using is Asus M5A78L. This board looks great and has nice features. It comes for Rs.3800. It gives standard features and work fine. I had configured a media server type system at my home which has all the movies. It act as a central place for movie streaming.