Thread: Which motherboard will be ideal for gaming under Hashwell

Which motherboard will be ideal for gaming under Hashwell

Choosing a motherboard is a really difficult choice. Now Intel has already released its new Hashwell cpu. I am looking for some recommended models that can offer a good gaming output with 3rd generation Intel's Core i series processor and dual graphics. A number of motherboard which I saw shows me the same 1155 socket. Can any provide me some good models. Cost does not matter much here.

Re: Which motherboard will be ideal for gaming under Hashwell

Instead of buying a desktop, why don't you try to go for a laptop. That is more better I think. In a laptop you have a option to go with latest hardware and and you can play more high end games on it. I think that would be more appropriate.

Laptops are costly. In desktop you have more choices to go ahead with customization. Now the first thing you have to find is the socket of Intel Hashwell series. With every new series the socket changes due to which upgrading that system is not so easy. The models of hashwell cpu which I had seen on web comes with 1150 socket. On that basis locating motherboard is more easier. LGA 1150 socket offers you compatibility for Intel's 3rd and 4th generation Core i series processor. It makes your job much more easier here. Because you have a extreme level system and you also have upgrade choices. I can list you a extreme motherboard which you can go for. This board offers you high end support for gaming stuff. The model is ASRock Z87 Extreme4. This board features Intel Z87 chipset. It has onboard hdmi ports. There are two ports available. You can add upto 32GB of ram on this board which is quiet enough for gaming. Z87 is the latest chipset which is capable of giving you high end performance and better power management also. It has a multi-gpu support where you can install Quad Sli and Crossfire graphic card. The cost of this board is Rs.13,000.

There is one more budget series available by Asrock. It belongs to the Extreme 3 series and the cost of this board is around Rs.11,000. This board also has similar kind of support. But there are certain limitation associated with gpu installation.

The best board according to me is Asus Maximus V1 Hero. This board comes for Rs.18,500 which is really awesome. It offers a LGA 1150 socket. And it also has Intel Z87 chipset. It gives you a single hdmi on board port. Now this board has support for Intel's 3rd and 4th generation processor which is not quiet bad. The benefit of having this board is that you can run a high mhz ram on the same. That can enhance the performance output to extreme rate. It also comes with raid support for those who need server level configuration. It also has a multi-gpu support. Most of the high end motherboard are capable of offering you multi-gpu support where you can install more than one graphic card. The mobo features ROG SupremeFX audio codec that makes it far more superior in terms of audio delivery. Overall this is a high end board that is quiet value for money product. You can just have the right gaming system through it. You can upgrade the board in future also. There are no upgrade limitations on it.

Asus Maximus V1 Hero is a good board. My friend has a system build upon this. This board is capable of giving you smooth performance. You can add a set of multiple gpu on the same and use it as per your choice. It works really fine and has no performance issue.

In number of high end board the one thing you can see in common is additional set of features. While other things are similar. Means mostly all of them offer you a similar socket with the same kind of chipset, ram and gpu support. So instead of putting your money in a costly motherboard why don't you stick with the regular one. Which is more cheaper and lies in the budget. That will be a bit money saving. The cheapest board for Haswhell starts from Rs.6,000. That is not at all costly to buy. The board that comes under budget series are MSI B85M-G43, Asus B85M-G, Gigabyte GA-B85-D3H, Gigabyte H87M-D3H, etc. This are all budget phone that looks to be working really well and has no problem with the output. But if you want a bit higher one then the best mid range board that has a composite feature of extreme series is MSI Z87-G43. Just compare the specification of this board with others. Almost everything looks same. You have the same chipset, socket and same kind of ram support. difference lies in the extra feature that are in bios. The cost of MSI Z87-G43 is 11,900.

That is a valuable suggestion. I was wondering which one to buy. Because I am also going for new upgrades. Now I thought first to choose hashwell and go ahead with some extreme mobo that can provide me good performance. But going for a mid range or cheaper one also does not matter much.