Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Core i3 system getting too hot while gaming

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 13-09-2013

Core i3 system getting too hot while gaming

I do not understand why my system is getting too hot. I am having a Intel Core i3 system. With 4GB ram and 1GB gpu. It is a first generation processor. Gaming works well at a mid settings. I had played a huge numbers of game on the same. Rightnow I am playing Saint Rows. But the cpu is getting too hot. After a few minutes of gameplay the game starts lagging and sometime the system just restarts on its own.

Old 14-09-2013

Re: Core i3 system getting too hot while gaming

Try to open your system case and check that there is no dust in it. I think due to lot of dust over the cpu fan air is not getting out. It is trapped inside which is increasing the cpu temperature. It is necessary that you must clean it and hook it back.
Old 14-09-2013

This is a common issue with many old system. Dust can be reason but you must not ignore this one. Try to go in bios and go in Pc health section. See the temperature on ideal. If it crosses 60 degree then your cpu is heating over limit. There can be two reason. First the cpu fan which is not working properly. The bios is programmed to control the cpu fan here when the cpu heats up. The fan speed increases so that it can draw out more heat and keep the cpu cooler. But if the fan speed does not increase then cpu gets hotted and shut itself down. The best thing you can do is buy a new fan. There are some great models available. Get a good one which has a bigger fan. A 90mm fan is more than enough I think. Because there more air is drawn out and thing goes well. The second thing you have to do is buy a good thermal paste. This is also very important for keeping the cpu cool. A good thermal paste remove the gap between cpu and cpu fan allowing more heat to pass through.
Old 16-09-2013

Just change your thermal paste. I think that is more than enough. This will keep your system cooler in terms of heavy usage. I had bought a good one from the market that comes for some Rs.150 and it works fine.
Old 16-09-2013

If you are fed up with the heating stuff then the best thing here is to buy a liquid cooler. You can find that on the web. There are many brands which offer you a portable liquid cooler kit. You just have to hook that on the top side of a cpu and attach the cooler at the end. That's all. Liquid cooling keeps your cpu more cooler. The cooling rate compare to a regular air cooler is more faster here. It can work fast and allow you more performance. Remember that if your cpu gets heating in the same manner then it will be get serious damage. Open your system case once and check the fan. I think it is not working fine. This are initial warning before you face any serious problem in the coming time. Just begin by adding a good liquid cooler kit and then check back.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , ,