Thread: Gigabyte Easytune 6 is not working

Gigabyte Easytune 6 is not working

For overclocking my processor I am using EasyTune 6. But it is not working. I found this pre-installed in my system when I ran the driver setup. This is the first time I am overclocking. Some games on my pc does not work well on full resolution. I have to reduce that and they work fine. So by overclocking I can enhance the performance and boost the output to some extent.

Re: Gigabyte Easytune 6 is not working

I think you must update your drivers first. Which graphic card does your system has. Go on the official website of that gpu manufacturer and get the latest driver. Update that in your system. That will fix the issue.

It is recommended that you must never use those utilizes for the overclocking purpose. That can be risky. The best way to overclock is through bios. There are minimum settings required for the same. Many board comes with a turbo boost application which auto overclock your system and offer you a more easy way of overclocking. I had seen this utility in msi motherboards. Turbo boost works well. Because it only boost the system performance when needed. While on the other time it remains quieter and works fine. Through which your system cpu is not much pressurized. Rightnow I do not recommend any overclocking utility. That is not completely safe. The best thing you can do here is go ahead with adjusting manual settings. You will need to first checkout the cpu benchmarking reports on web. That report will give you information what maximum overclocking rate you achieve. And you have to go lower than that. Choose a limit. Do not push much or there can be severe issue. The cpu must be able to tolerate that much pressure. Along with overclocking your system must also have a good cooling hardware.

EasyTune is not so effective. I was using this long before then stopped it. Still if you want to use it you can go on the official site and download it. Just re-install it back. That's all it will work fine.

At many places people had told me to stay away from EasyTune. As it is not safe at all. Overclocking requires skill. Because if you do not go with proper setup then there can be serious issue. The best thing you can do is first test out whether your pc is capable of overclocking or not. You can do that by running some test software. Like OCCT and Prime95. This two tools will give you information on your systems output. If your system is not capable of overclocking then you can avoid it. Or else you can damage your processor. You are doing this for the first time, so it is better to go with testing tools. There are tons of benchmarking software available on the web. This tools are capable of giving you detail report. Go through that first. Then on the basis of your cpu you can go on web and locate the right values for overclocking. Like the proper voltage, clock rate, etc. Do not blindly use anything.