Thread: Intel launches extreme edition of Core i7 processor for gamers

Intel launches extreme edition of Core i7 processor for gamers

Intel came up with its new edition of Intel Core i7 extreme processor. This cpu is capable of giving you high end performance with better overclocking features. Being a extreme edition processor it is costly and meant for serious performance. It looks that newer game demands more resources to give the best output. And so this kind of cpu are capable of enhancing the output to much higher.

Re: Intel launches extreme edition of Core i7 processor for gamers

I had seen that news. I do not think anyone is going to buy that processor. It is for those who are completely dedicated towards gaming or overclocking. They can just play with the processor. While only for gaming even Core i3 is enough.

This are limited edition processors which are not meant for every pc. They are designed specifically to meet the requirements of high end systems and servers. Till yet I think Intel Core i5 is a good cpu for gaming and for overclocking. Also it lies in a budget. This new edition offers some three new models. There were certain test also no the web done on the cpu. In terms of custom build a user has more choices to choose what he wants and we not. But recently changes in cpu socket has reduced the choice. Before I had seen that it was more easier to upgrade a cpu and you do not have to worry about other upgrades. But today if you are one a Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad processor and want to go for Core i7 then you will have to upgrade everything. You will need to buy a new board, more better psu and so on. So it is always better to choose the best from start. One thing I found weird in this new extreme edition processor. It is based on Ivy Bridge. While Intel has already started shipping haswell processors. Whey do they have skipped this new architecture for the extreme edition. Hope this is not a old stock.

This kind of cpu's are designed to boost 3D gaming. Soon we will be having a good 3D effect in our systems. Many gpu already comes with it. But the output is not so great due to hardware limitation.

AMD has not came out with any extreme processor series till yet. They are sticked with the FX series only. I am sure this new Intel extreme processor will be capable of boosting the system performance to much higher extent. Most of the people are egar about benchmarking result. But they forget one thing. Bencharking by companies are done on high end hardware. And when we add the processor on regular board and low quality ram the output is affected. The same is applicable for overclocking also. New edition means more better. As per certain test result on web this cpu is capable of boosting around 6 to 7% performance. The core speed will lie around 3.4Ghz to 3.6Ghz. For overclocking this can be more higher. It looks it is very easy to reach 5Ghz on this processor.