Thread: AMD Quad Core APU vs Intel Core i5

AMD Quad Core APU vs Intel Core i5

Which will be more powerful for gaming. AMD Quad Core apu or Intel Core i5 processor. I am unable to decide here. Many of my friends are recommending to go for a Intel. Because it is ideal for gaming and overclocking. But still I want a bit of more suggestion before buying the processor. Does Core i7 is powerful among all. Or buying a APU is more than enough.

Re: AMD Quad Core APU vs Intel Core i5

For overall performance go for AMD. There is not a big difference in terms of performance. There might be hardly 10 to 20% of performance change. You can hook a good gpu with the amd processor and get great gaming output.

I think Intel Core i7 is greatest among all. This cpu is capable of giving you high end performance with great performance. It is also ideal for overclocking. AMD Quad Core APU is released long before. While Intel Core i7 is a new processor with new architecture. Right-now you can locate third generation processor with low power consumption. The cpu remains stable under extreme condition. It is always better to buy something new instead of going with old setup. Because in future your entire setup goes waste. I will advice you to go with the new Intel Core i7 processor and a high end graphic card. That makes your work much more easier. In terms of gaming I had seen people get easily confused between amd and intel. Instead of going for the apu if you go for the high end amd cpu which belongs to the FX series. That is not bad at all. AMD is well known for its graphic output. While Intel is well known for performance and stability. If you go for a Intel system you will get long lasting support and reliable operation and if you go for AMD then you might have to upgrade back in future.

Just buy the extreme edition in any brand. Your system will be capable of running all high end games. APU is released to reduce the cost on system. Because it offers you a composite feature, but going for a separate hardware is more logical.