Thread: looking for Mini-itx Haswell motherboard

looking for Mini-itx Haswell motherboard

As you all know that mini-itx board are low powered and used normally in small form factor machines. They also use low power consumption and thus remain cool often and since I am building this pc for home theater system, so which is the best brand that I should go for selecting the mini-itx Haswell motherboard? Thanks

Re: looking for Mini-itx Haswell motherboard

The best motherboard would be ASRock Z87E-ITX for haswell processor. It has a good wifi onboard and you can even play some avarage games on it. You will also get plenty of Sata slots with this board. It packs all the things that you need in a small package, but yeah, if you use bigger video card like GTX 780 then the motherboard does looks tiny.

Have you checked out the Maximus VI Impact ITX motherboard? This board features the maximum of features, despite its compact size. It comes with the following:
    • Impact Power which contains relatively beefy power stage 8 + 2 phases type
    • Impact Control which offers display diagnostics on the rear panel and various BIOS checks
    • SupremeFX Impact that features a quality sound system
    • The mPCIe Combo II provides 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity

Also, the PCI Express x16 port in this board will set up a gaming system equipped with a powerful graphics card. For the rest, you will find four SATA port at 6 Gbps, 6 USB 3.0 (including two via header) + 4 USB 2.0, HDMI output and a DisplayPort output when using the built-in CPU or GPU, an Ethernet port and audio connectors analog and digital.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh-Singh View Post
    Baltazar

Have you checked out the Asus Maximus VI Impact ITX motherboard? This board features the maximum of features, despite its compact size. It comes with the following:
    • Impact Power which contains relatively beefy power stage 8 + 2 phases type
    • Impact Control which offers display diagnostics on the rear panel and various BIOS checks
    • SupremeFX Impact that features a quality sound system
    • The mPCIe Combo II provides 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity

Also, the PCI Express x16 port in this board will set up a gaming system equipped with a powerful graphics card. For the rest, you will find four SATA port at 6 Gbps, 6 USB 3.0 (including two via header) + 4 USB 2.0, HDMI output and a DisplayPort output when using the built-in CPU or GPU, an Ethernet port and audio connectors analog and digital.
    What is the price of Asus Maximus VI Impact ITX motherboard? If it is right then surely I will go for it. And I also think that with the right price it will definitely give a tough competition to any other motherboard manufacturers. I will assume that if it is around $300 then it will be worth it but if it is above $350 or $400 then it wont be successful that much.