Thread: Affordable combo miniatx board with good graphics

Affordable combo miniatx board with good graphics

Which combo board will be great for a multimedia. My client is willing to buy a portable system just for watching movies. Now he does not require a great configuration. I am thinking of advising him to go for a dual core cpu. But here assembling is a hectic job. I am looking for a combo board that must come with a cpu on it. I had seen certain model that has a apu which also add a bit more to the processing power.

Re: Affordable combo miniatx board with good graphics

I do not think that is going to help you much. I will recommend you to go for everything separately. Because this gives you more upgrade options in future. While if you go for a combo one then there is no upgrade choice available.

I think the best according to me is Asus E35M1-I Deluxe. Being a deluxe edition this board is superb in terms of graphics and multi-tasking. It offers you a AMD Dual-Core E-350 cpu. This cpu is decent in terms of output. I will not recommend this for gaming, but for multimedia is more than enough. The gpu it offers you is AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics. So that looks to be more than enough in terms of performance. You can addup a good amount of ram ni your system. It gives you Sata 6gbps technology with usb 3.0 interface. So you have a high speed data transfer support. The board provides AMD FCH A50 chipset. This one is ideal for multimedia and a bit of gaming also. But I will not recommend you the same. The board has a apu. Which is a composite model of cpu and graphic card. So here the cpu alone has a pressure to handl both multi-tasking and graphics. The board has great looks and it is meant for performance.

Asus E35M1-I Deluxe is really a good board, but I do not think it is sold in India. I am unable to find the motherboard on many local online shops. It is mostly sold on international website which adds more the shipping cost.

If you want a budget solution then go for Intel D2500HN Combo Motherboard. This comes for Rs.5200. Now this board is not really great but is good enough for building up a htpc. It has a Dual Core Intel Atom D2500 cpu. This cpu comes usually in netbooks. Which are designed for surfing and basic work. It has only 2 ram slots. You can add upto 4gb ram on the same. That is the place where it falls low. Being a Mini-iTX board it is not so great but decent enough to give you proper performance output. If you do not think this is so good then there is one more combo board which is a bit better. The model is Intel D2700MUD. This comes for Rs.6800. This board just has a better version of Intel Atom processor. Which is D2700. Others things are similar. All this board are not extreme at all. So it is really bad to expect much from them. Gigabyte has some good series of combo board which you must checkout once. But I trust on Intel due to reliability. It can give you long lasting support and offer you a better performance. While other boards can have some hardware issue due to heating.

Almost all Intel's combo board which I saw on web offer 4GB ram support only. You cannot exceed that. While Asus offers you more. And the amount
    which you are going to pay for combo can give you more cheaper solution under custom build.

Gigabyte E350N is the best board I think. I had tested this board myself and found it really great in terms of output. This board comes for Rs.5200 and I will recommend you go for this. This board offers you AMD E-350 Dual-Core processor with AMD Radeon HD 6310 gpu. It supports DirectX 11. So that you can play some latest games also. It has AMD A50M. This board is capable of supporting upto 8GB of ram. That is simply great compare to Intel boards. For connectivity also it provides dvi d and dhmi port. It support hd audio codec and high speed lan adapter. I think this board is one of the choice to build a htpc. I am giving you a reference link below which will put more highlight on the board. The board is also capable of running some new games at lowest settings. That is because of the internal video memory.

According to me Asus is better here. Being a deluxe edition board you can perform a number of different things on it. The board also looks durable and loaded with more features. If you are buying invest one time and get a good stuff.