Thread: Windows cannot boot on Maximus V Formula

Windows cannot boot on Maximus V Formula

I am building my own gaming rid. For which I am using Maximus V Formula motherboard. The board looks loaded with cool features. I have a Nvidia gpu, 8GB of RAM, 2TB HDD and 750w psu. Everything looks to be working fine here. I am able to access in bios. I installed fresh Windows. Upon restart the system stucked on windows logo. It is not moving ahead.

Re: Windows cannot boot on Maximus V Formula

Looks like some internal hardware issue. Try to go in bios and just verify that your hard drive, ram and other all things are properly detected or not. If there are multiple hardware attached in your system just disconnect it. Add only those which are required.

I will advice you to checkout the connectivity here. There is some issue with the hard drive or ram. You can being with ram testing. The best way is to create a bootable disc of memtest. This is the only memory test software which scans your ram for errors. The tool is free. Download the iso file and burn that on a disc. Then boot your system with that. If you find any error then you will need to remove a ram stick from your pc. If you are having 2 then one among them is either not fitted properly or damage. If there is nothing appear in the test then you will need to check your hard drive. Check the cables first. If possible change them. Use a bootable live disc and run some hard drive testing software. You can find ample of them on web. You can use Ubuntu live cd for the same. Boot your system with that and in the software center you can simply find out a hard drive test software. If there is any error then surely your drive has bad sectors. I think the ram or the hard drive is having a problem due to which your system is unable to boot properly.

There can be some other issue also. Like the os disc which you are using to install windows might be not having proper files. Due to which the boot fails. Try to go in safe mode and checkout the event viewer for error logs.

First go in bios and see whether everything is detected or not. Like the ram, cpu and hard drive. If possible disconnect everything and try to connect it back. Check the processor especially. It must be properly placed with thermal paste over it. You can refer to the motherboard manual to locate all connectivity slots. Hook the gpu properly and tight it with a screw. So that it does not move. 750w psu is quiet more than enough for running the kind of hardware you had mentioned. If your system was unable to turn on then the issue lies with board. But as you said that it stuck on Windows logo then surely the issue lies with the setup. It can be hard drive and ram also. Try to remove one ram stick and test back. Boot your system back. If it boots then one memory stick is defective. In this kind of configuration it is always recommended that you go with 64bit windows setup. Which more better and reliable. Try to turn off additional features from your motherboard bios.