Thread: How to turn off onboard graphics of BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE motherboard

How to turn off onboard graphics of BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE motherboard

I got a Biostar G31-M7 TE motherboard from one of my cousins and I have made a low budget system build with it. Everything is fine but one thing that I cannot find in the motherboard is, there is no where I can find the option to disable the onboard graphics on this motherboard? I have checked the BIOS also but cannot find it anywhere? Does anyone know how to disable it? Thanks

Re: How to turn off onboard graphics of BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE motherboard

@Reecher Under BIOS Setup Utility > Advanced tab > Chipset > Southbridge configuration > Primary Graphics Adapter. Choose the option [PCIE -> PCI -> IGP].

This doesn't actually disable the IGP (onboard graphics) but it gives priority to the PCI-E graphics card which lets you use it.

Can you try to check the BIOS for boot options, you will be able to find the onboard video options there to disable it. Once you have disable it, then you need to restart your computer to take effect. Now you can add another graphics card if you want by turning off the computer. And once it has been done, install the graphics driver from the CD provided with it or download it from the manufacturer's website.

Yes, at the time when you are starting up your computer you will need to press either F1 or F2 or Del or Alt+F2 keys on the keyboard to get into the BIOS. After that you will have to go to the advanced configuration and then disable the onboard VGA. Now just save the settings and exit from the BIOS and it will get disabled.

I would suggest you to download the BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE motherboard manual from this link - http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/...hp?S_ID=363#dl. After that go through the pages and find out where exactly is the onboard video option for disabling is located. If nothing is working for you then try and reset the BIOS with the video card inserted in it and then check if it works for you or not.