Thread: WD Passport USB 3.0 not recognized by Asus P8P67

WD Passport USB 3.0 not recognized by Asus P8P67

I am using a Western Digital Passport SE USB 3.0 hard drive on my Asus P8P67 motherboard. If I am trying to connect it to the usb 3.0 port on the motherboard, then it is not recognized in the system. But if I try to connect it to a Usb 2.0 port, then it will simply tell me that it will work faster on usb 3.0 port and then drive will not show up on my system again. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this irritating problem? Thanks

Re: WD Passport USB 3.0 not recognized by Asus P8P67

What are the steps you are taking to connect the WD Passport USB 3.0 to your pc, whether it is turned on or not? Can you try to connect the same hard drive to the usb and then plug in the power cable. Or else you can even try to connect the hard drive when the computer is off and check if that works for you or not. Report us back whether this solution worked for you or not.

Did you check in the Disk Management to see whether the same drive is requiring to be formatted or so? It might be also possible that the drive might require a drive letter that has not been assigned to it. The other things I could think of is that the USB 3 connectors could be easily damaged, so if you have another usb 3 socket then try to compare whether the pins are not bent up or so.

Well, have you installed the chipset drivers yet on your system? Can you check in the disk management or device manager to see whether it is recognized even if the drive letter is not assigned? One of my friend had the same board and he was able to use a 32 gb usb 3.0 flash drive on his board perfectly. So it could be that your motherboard might have a defective port. You will have to ask Asus to get a replacement board.