Thread: After adding a new cpu Intel E5700, Windows 7 crash with blue screen.

After adding a new cpu Intel E5700, Windows 7 crash with blue screen.

I had changed my processor. I had added Intel E5700. After that when I turned on my pc I am getting a bluescreen. The system is not stable at all. I tried a number of different things but it is still crashing. The cpu looks to be working fine. And all the hardware inside is properly connected. Is there a processing testing kind of software or tool available through which I can find out the problem.

Re: After adding a new cpu Intel E5700, Windows 7 crash with blue screen.

Check the connection status and then test back. It looks the cpu is not fitted well or there is some kind of connection problem due to which you are dealing with the problem. Just open it properly, remove the cpu and add it back.

Just open the case and remove the cpu fan. Touch the cpu and see whether it is heating or not. If it is heating then there is a problem with heatsink. You can apply a good thermal paste on the processor. There are ample of good heatsink are available in the market. Apply only once and add the best one here. I think that will be more than enough. The second way of checking the cpu temperature is through the bios. There is a pc health section available in that which gives you more info about the temperature monitoring. If on idle mode the cpu temperature cross above 50 degree then it simply means the cpu is getting heated. You will need to check the ventilation properly. The cpu fan is also a cause of system failure. Bluescreen is mostly a ram issue. But here you are getting this after changing the processor. So surely you will need to find the cpu connection and also verify the temperature constantly while usage. I think it is heating due to which you are facing the problem.

Buy Arctic Silver 5. This is one of the best thermal paste. I had gone with the same kind of issue where my cpu heats up really fast after using it for sometime. But after applying this the system looks to be working really fine.

Thermal paste are easy to find in the market. It is essential that you must choose the right one. Because a poor quality paste can dry out really fast and cause more heating in future. Second thing you can do is change your cpu fan. There are ample of great fans available in the market at a budget price. On which you can add a bigger one which can maintain more better airflow. Cpu heating is caused by poor cooling support. While sometime your psu is also responsible for the same. You can get a good psu from the market if nothing works out. And when nothing worked then the problem lies with the processor. It is a damage product. A new cpu will never heat so instantly while usage. So you can contact the service center to get replacement on the same.