Thread: Intel Desktop Board D850MV long beeps problem

Intel Desktop Board D850MV long beeps problem

I have been using my computer with Intel Desktop Board D850MV for a couple of years now and it was working great. Yesterday I tried to connect the TV to the desktop via dvi and it was working fine without any issues. But today when I started my computer then I didnt get any video response on the TV or even on the monitor? I was also getting long beeps at startup but still I dont get anything on the screen? I thought it might be a problem with the RAM, so I took it out and cleaned it with a dry cloth and then inserted it back, but still I didnt get any video? What else should I try to get my computer working?

Re: Intel Desktop Board D850MV long beeps problem

How many beep sounds you are getting when turning on the computer? If it is long beeps then it could be definitely a RAM problem. This problem occurs due to some cheap RAM's used in the system. Can you try to run Memtest and test each RAM stick? Also, try to go into the BIOS setting and load the default optimized settings for your computer which will disable any wrong voltage used for the RAM.

Even I think that the memory controller on the motherboard might have failed. You will need to check whether the memory is properly configured in your system or not? Try to swap all the RAM sticks that you have got in a different combinations. You can try to download the Intel manual for the motherboard that you have from its official website that will have the boards component layout diagram to help you much further.

It is possible that it could be a video error as well. Since the standby doesnt wake up then it is definitely a video problem. So try to see whether the video card is not seated porperly or in the right socket and then resear it properly, even check if the video card hasnt gone bad by connecting it to another computer. You just need to make sure that you troubleshoot as much of components as possible to find out the root cause of the problem.