Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-07-2013

Good MSI motherboard for Haswell processor

Which MSI board will be good for running the 4th Generation Intel Core i processors. I am talking about Hashwell cpu here. I am trying to find some good models, but it looks there are extremely costly models available. I need a reasonable board. I am going to upgrade my system by adding the most latest cpu and board on the same with new graphic card. And going for 3rd generation not wise if there is 4th generation available.
Old 16-07-2013

re: Good MSI motherboard for Haswell processor

There are two manufacturers I only found which are offering hashwell socket boards. One is Asrock and the other one is MSI. There are very few models available that can offer a good amount hardware configuration.
Old 18-07-2013

MSI Z87 M power is the only board available in the market that comes with 1150 socket with great output. It is a gaming series board. You can just add any latest Intel Core i series processor. Also the board features great amount of overclocking features. So if you are looking for a serious output then this board will be great. The cost of this board is Rs. 18618. It is a costly board and when you go with manual configuration the cost of upgrades will be really costly. The boards offers Military Class 4 components which makes it really durable and strong. I think this board will be one of the most ideal choice for gaming output. But if you want to go with reasonable budget then it is really better to go with 3rd generator intel core i series processors. This is the only board I had seen which is available and comes with a reasonable cost. Now there are some lower end model also available, but I do not recommend you to buy the same. Go for MSI Z87 which offers you the latest hardware configuration and high end support for overclocking.
Old 18-07-2013

Why you want to go for so high end hardware configuration. It is waste of money I think. Go for LGA 1155 socket. Which offers you 3rd Generator Intel Core i series cpu. That is more better I think.
Old 19-07-2013

I can list you some models under Asrock. Ample of motherboards under msi are not available, while Asrock can offer you a more budget solution. The cheapest board that comes under this series is for Rs10,773. The model of that motherboard is ASRock Z87 Extreme3 . This board also offers you Intel Z87 chipset. So it gives you the most latest processor with ample of great hardware output. I do not think you will get such a cheap board by any other manufacturer. For overclocking it offers you a mid range support only, but for gaming it is ideal. While if you want to go for bit more heavy board with better hardware config then there is one more board available.The model is ASRock Z87 Extreme6 AC . The cost of this board is Rs. 18711. It is ideal for overclocking giving you great output for high end performance. Rightnow available motherboard under LGA1150 socket is really costly.I own a Intel 3rd generator processor system which is really great.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , ,